Safety packages?

ScubaSigGuy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlUR, 2018 Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 2015 BMW 1200GS Adventure
I've decide to trade my 2013 JKUR in on a JLUR. Since I can't find the exact package I want in inventory, I am ordering. Looking at the inventory in there has me wondering about the safety packages. Initially I wasn't going to add either package, but since my wife will drive this occassionally I decided that it might be better to equip it similar to our other vehicles. Is there some reason that none of the Jeeps within a few hundred miles of me have have both safety packages?

Of course I'll be adding aftermarket bumpers right away, so i have concern about the sensor relocation for the ACC. Is this an issue, as I haven't found a reference to it anywhere? Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've decide to trade my 2013 JKUR in on a JLUR. Since I can't find the exact package I want in inventory, I am ordering. Looking at the inventory in there has me wondering about the safety packages. Initially I wasn't going to add either package, but since my wife will drive this occassionally I decided that it might be better to equip it similar to our other vehicles. Is there some reason that none of the Jeeps within a few hundred miles of me have have both safety packages?

Of course I'll be adding aftermarket bumpers right away, so i have concern about the sensor relocation for the ACC. Is this an issue, as I haven't found a reference to it anywhere. Thanks!
The acc sensors and camera are located behind the rearview mirror at the top middle part of the windshield. Jeep knew we'd be switching bumpers and adding lights and whatnot in front of the grill, so they didn't use the same typical location as other vehicles.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I opted for the blind spot monitoring NOT the advance safety group...I heard pretty bad stories about it...the sensors are in the rear taillights

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Here’s a good thread on it:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/safety-packages-initial-thoughts.60020/

It’s a love it or hate it option that adds a significant amount to the cost, most dealerships will only have a few on the lot that include both. And they get sold often to customers who tend to tick every box on options. Best to factory order anyway IMO. Get exactly everything you want and nothing that you don’t.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
It’s a love it or hate it option
One of the reasons that I special ordered was to get the advanced safety group. I'll probably never buy another vehicle without adaptive cruse control and I love the self dimming headlights. I'm just upset it didn't include "smart" windshield wipers.

Later,
Johnny

slh7d

First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I almost got the adv safety group, but decided I didn't really need it, plus didnt seem super great. It would be nice on the very few long trips I take when I am cruising down the freeway. The "normal" safety group, I think is nice Iike the back up sensors and lane assist stuff. The more important things for me were the upgraded audio package, LED's and cold weather package (heating steering wheel is GREAT) And yes, I miss auto wipers from my last vehicle!
Sponsored