Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
In Arizona we have the dry heat and obviously no hurricanes, but we do have two rainy seasons in the Sonoran desert (only desert in the US that has this) so we have to watch the forecast a little. As for bugs, we don't have that many, but my Hellayella Rubicon is like a flower in bloom all year based on how much honey bees are attracted to it.
My wife and I LOVE the Sonoran desert, and have spent quite a bit of time there in AZ. I have family and friends who live in Phoenix. If Florida wasn’t so retirement-friendly, we would move there in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
My wife and I LOVE the Sonoran desert, and have spent quite a bit of time there in AZ. I have family and friends who live in Phoenix. If Florida wasn’t so retirement-friendly, we would move there in a heartbeat.
The funny thing is my wife went to Hollywood, FL about 5 years ago and came home and said we should retire there. I told her no one in Southern Arizona (the other huge retirement area in the country) retires to FL and vice versa. Those two areas have excellent weather most of the year and are tailored to those who wish to escape the winter weather in the northern states when they retire.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I hear ya. We’re in that odd limbo in SE Idaho where you wake up at 32° and it hits 77° around 1700. In another month 77° will be a fond memory like hugging friends and constitutional rights
Constitutional Rights? What are those? An old hag covered in botox and ass cheek skin on her face named Nancy Pelosi wants to know your location :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I've had my soft top fully retracted since Memorial Day here in Michigan. Windows still packed away. I'm fortunate to be working from home so able to mostly avoid going out on rain days. The few times I guessed wrong on beating the rain, I just threw the top up into Safari mode. Cool weather is coming but that's what jackets and heaters are for. Well worth it to keep driving my "convertible" as long as possible...
That's how you know a true Midwesterner - shorts in the fifties and rolling Safari too. I'm of the same mind, it's been high 60s to low 80s in KC but had to put the windows back in for the rain yesterday. This week looks solid now though so I'm actually heading out to put them back in the bag right now!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
The funny thing is my wife went to Hollywood, FL about 5 years ago and came home and said we should retire there. I told her no one in Southern Arizona (the other huge retirement area in the country) retires to FL and vice versa. Those two areas have excellent weather most of the year and are tailored to those who wish to escape the winter weather in the northern states when they retire.
Ugh, to Hollywood, FL? There are SO MANY far nicer places in FL! That’s the first place I lived down here. I finished high school in Hollywood.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yep, I was going to test fit the bag on it, but it was a big enough pain to get on I decided to just take it off now. I’ll run topless for a few days before the weather turns next week, so not all bad...
Attitude and expectations, if feel, can help us all a manage things we wish we can change, like the weather.

You had a great run, you'll have another great run when the warm weather returns, you have a vehicle that is awesome in the snow, and possesses a heater capable of warming the better part of an entire small town. :- )

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
We're still waiting for our chance here.... to take the top off.
Weather should be cooling off enough to make it nice again.
When I first moved here the first thing I did was take my top off and put the Bikini top on. I was thinking, this is going to be great. That feeling lasted exactly 6 minutes on my way home from work when it was about 112. It was like a Blast Furnace. Now its getting time to lose the top. Phoenix is like another world, it has been the shi*76%$est summer on record. We haven't bothered going out on any outings, its too hot. I see relief in site......

mcdanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WU JL, 2011 Ford SD PS
Sorry newbie here. So for you folks in Arizona, the summer is hardtop season and the winter is topless/softop? Rather similar to what we have in North India also as our summers are 45 degrees Centigrade plus on the regular but winters are usually 25c during the day. However our nights can be in single digit celsius so we always used to carry a jacket in my Mahindra Thar. Someone convert that to Fahrenheit please....I have too much beer in me right now to do that.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When I first moved here the first thing I did was take my top off and put the Bikini top on. I was thinking, this is going to be great. That feeling lasted exactly 6 minutes on my way home from work when it was about 112. It was like a Blast Furnace. Now its getting time to lose the top. Phoenix is like another world, it has been the shi*76%$est summer on record. We haven't bothered going out on any outings, its too hot. I see relief in site......
I sure hope so!
We are tired of the heat this year... way more than usual.
Between Phoenix and Tucson, I've lived in the desert here for over 40 years. This is the worst late summer I can remember.

Sponsored

AlamoDawg

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Took my top off this past weekend. Weather has been super nice in San Antonio and with the cold front that blew in today it’s even going to be better. Low 50’s and high in low to mid 80’s this whole week. I have my spiderweb shade on the Jeep just to keep the sun off.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I sure hope so!
Between Phoenix and Tucson, I've lived in the desert here for over 40 years. This is the worst late summer I can remember.
Wow, I have been asking my wife each day if we should turn the heat on. It has been unusually cold here in the St. Louis area for late Sep/early Oct. The forecast for today is 59/33, normal high/low for our area for this date is 72/49.

I remember pedaling close to the Phoenix area one HOT summer day in July back in 1998 on my way to the east coast. Never again.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I sure hope so!

You're not kidding! We've been here for the past 8 years and this summer has been absolutely brutal. We have the SOT top and the spyderwebshade and that lets me keep mine open more than I used to but once it passes about 103, I usually have to rely on the A/C or else I roast!

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well went to put mine up today, but couldn't get it to latch. When it in full up position there is wider gap than usual between the windshield catches and the soft top latches. :-(
Sponsored