• Total voters

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I have one on order but its on back order, would like to know what others would go with. Yes there are fantastic rockers from other companies but these are the two I'm interested in comparing. I like how the Rusty's attach the body mounts so their semi frame mounted and have almost the same clearance of a body mounted slider. Years down the line they could get in the way of a long arm kit, but would the Metalcloak hold up for years to come being body mounted, opinions lets hear them.
Rusty's Rocker Armor with Kicker Tube - 2018 and Later JL Wrangler 4-Door - FREE SHIPPING - Jeep Rocker Protection - Jeep Exterior Parts & Accessories (rustysoffroad.com)
Metalcloak's Overline Rocker Rail, Pair, JL Wrangler, 4-Door
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I ordered the Rusty's Kicker sliders as well and they've been on order since March. I'm thinking about canceling them and looking at something different. However, I don't think the Rusty's would get in the way of any long arm kit since they don't bolt to the frame rails, just the body mounts. Personally I'm staying away from any body mounted slider because I've seen the body flex on good hits.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
i have a set of rustys (step style) and i am very happy with them, the way they mount to the frame i dont think will get in the way of long arm kits (at least the kits currently on the market) if you are going long arms then that means you are looking at doing heavy rock crawling which not body mount rails will hold up to that kind of abuse

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I wish there were more than 3 votes here from people familiar with the rails

AZRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I ordered Rusty's because I wanted body mount and I am a Metalcloak guy lol. However, it has been 8 months and they have not been fulfilled. Finally, yesterday (08.27.2021) I managed to get lucky enough to talk to Rusty himself and he assured me he'd take care of it. As soon as I have something I will do a video on my YT channel and give thoughts.

Sponsored

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered Rusty's because I wanted body mount and I am a Metalcloak guy lol. However, it has been 8 months and they have not been fulfilled. Finally, yesterday (08.27.2021) I managed to get lucky enough to talk to Rusty himself and he assured me he'd take care of it. As soon as I have something I will do a video on my YT channel and give thoughts.
Any update on this? A link to the YT would be sweet :rock:

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
This thread went a little dead. Any thoughts on MetalCloak vs. Rusty or frankly anything else? I'm giving the MetalCloak Overline some serious consideration and would like some thoughts and feedback. Frame mounted sliders are going to be tough for me due to where my skids mount in. (I have the NextVenture setup).
Sponsored