Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I purchased aftermarket because I didn’t like the look with the stock liners. I could have dealt with it. Butttt OCD
I get it. I saw some ppl cut them but I don't know. Thanks & Jeep looks great!

Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Not much info out there on these yet.
Do they add any extra tire clearance over stock Rubicon flares? I'm gonna guess not, since it seems you reuse the stock inner fender.

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just a word of caution. I've had the max terrain installed for less than a year now and I'm already pulling them off. Here are my complaints:

- The plastic is cheap and brittle. Especially in cold weather. A branch poked a hole in my front fender, both back fenders cracked from rocks getting thrown by the tires. Recently shattered the back half of one of my rear fender while slightly rubbing against a tree in cold weather.
- The front fender's light is a mud pocket and is a pain to clean.
- The place where the front fender meets the "vent" isn't tight and lets road grime spray the side of the jeep.

Basically they're fine if you live in hot/mild weather and don't go offroad.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The Bushwhackers wider width and higher clearance is a win/win over my JLR fenders. I'm just waiting to see how the plastic and lights hold up. I don't want issues or dealings with warranties.
It's good to hold back on new products. I wanted the new flush tailights and rock slider retractable steps. Reports on this forum indicate neither of those items are fully developed and are problematic.
BTW, I like the idea that Bushwhacker reuses some of the factory liner for several reasons. Trimming off the under fender portion gives tire clearance. And because tires fling gravel. Retaining the side portion covering the engine openning is much quieter/cheaper and never needs paint touch ups vs painted aluminum aftermarket fillers.

Last edited:

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The Bushwhackers wider width and higher clearance is a win/win over my JLR fenders. I'm just waiting to see how the plastic and lights hold up. I don't want issues or dealings with warranties.
It's good to hold back on new products. I wanted the new flush tailights and rock slider retractable steps. Reports on this forum indicate neither of those items are fully developed and are problematic.
BTW, I like the idea that Bushwhacker reuses some of the factory liner for several reasons. Trimming off the under fender portion gives tire clearance. And because tires fling gravel. Retaining the side portion covering the engine openning is much quieter/cheaper and never needs paint touch ups vs painted aluminum aftermarket fillers.
FWIW, I bought the Bushwacker ones. Maybe its different on a non-rubicon liner -but reusing and trimming the factory liners didnt work for me. There wasnt enough mounting points left to make it secure. I couldve probably rigged something, but it wouldve looked like shit. I got them specifically bc I didnt want someting that needed new inner liners. So I abandoned the project for now and ordered the paramount inner liners since they are plastic and pretty close to the factory look. I got the rear liners really quick but ive been waiting 3-4 weeks on the fronts.

Sponsored

NC_Razz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Sport,JT Gladiator Mojave,Toyo Tundra
I wanted to try these out. Had ordered them in the middle of December from Realtruck. Called them a month later to check status and Bushwacker told them this product is discontinued and could not fulfill my order.

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

NC_Razz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
well Bud, you must have gotten the last ones then. Here is message I got from realtruck after waiting a month
Jeep Wrangler JL Rugged Ridge MaxTerrain vs Bushwacker Hyperform 606AC6B1-680D-4ED1-84EF-BD0368B75DAA
I think you got bad info from them. I just spoke to Bushwacker and they told me they are not discontinued. For reference, the part# is BWR11950-07

NC_Razz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you got bad info from them. I just spoke to Bushwacker and they told me they are not discontinued. For reference, the part# is BWR11950-07
Thanks for the info Bud. Glad to see real truck has it together.
Sponsored