Sponsored

Rubicon Spring to Willys Help

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Hey all,

Been a while since I posted as my mods funds have been tight. Anyways, I'm finally looking to add rubicon springs to give my willy's a little more lift. I currently have added the rubi tires (33" KO2) on it as well as the hard top that I bought from someone locally. So I'm looking for a mild lift to get my clearance back (and a little more) from adding those two things. From what I read, I could get up to a 1.5" lift with just the rubi springs. I just need help with WHAT springs to order. After reading tons of threads on here I am still confused on which springs to order.

- I have a 2021 JLU (4 door) Willy's with the softop from the factory and the 3.6 engine. Not sure what my current springs are.

- I would want the most lift I could get without having to do other stuff like LCA's... but will do if necessary. I've read some people use the LCA's from the mopar kit? I really just want a simple spring swap if its wise to do so without affecting other things like drivability.

- I've seen the new '23 or '24 Willy's come with the rubi tires, so I'm wondering if they also have the same rubi lift now? It figures they did this after I bought my '21 lol.

Any help, greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I have a 2020 and went from 3658, 3659 to 3660 and 3661 front. And 3587, 3588 to 3591, 3592 rear. Higher numbers passenger side. I later did a Teraflex 2" leveling kit and the LCA's from the Mopar kit.

The Firestone tires that come on the Willys are a true 32" where the Rubicon 33's are not so the height difference there is under 1/2" or under 1" overall size.

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
thanks, yeah its also for the look of the a little more lift. My tires aren't hitting or anything but I do want a little higher lift. Looks like you have a JL though so I might need other spring numbers.

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
oh sorry, I saw JL in your sig.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
so if I order that same setup for springs, I should be good? Those are the highest (spring rate) rubi springs? I have the soft top from factory and the 3.6 eTorque on my willy's if that helps.

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I am not sure on the etorque but you should be able to find a set of take offs cheap. Look in the member for sale here, marketplace or craigslist. I got mine from a forum member in NH for $125 with the shocks. Just jot down the numbers on the tags of your springs so that you know that whatever you're buying is improvement.

ParadigmDawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X, 2023 Rubicon 392
Clubs

I am not sure on the etorque but you should be able to find a set of take offs cheap. Look in the member for sale here, marketplace or craigslist. I got mine from a forum member in NH for $125 with the shocks. Just jot down the numbers on the tags of your springs so that you know that whatever you're buying is improvement.
Lol...I just sold my 392 take offs for $135. I feel great about it now

Sponsored

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Those would've probably been great on the etorque as he has the added battery weight.

Aturking

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I went with the rubicon spring route. Bought the highest spring rate set on marketplace for 30 bucks. Since the shocks are the same on the willys and rubicon, it drove great, just a little stiffer. I probably netted around an inch maybe a touch less of height. Did not wander or need the lower control arms. But after that I decided it wasnt enough lift and got a 1.5" teraflex st1 spacer lift and the longer mopar lower control arms. I have the teraflex lift for sale if you are interested since now i went bigger. I have the teraflex shock extentions too 100 bucks for the lot. You shouldn't have to do the lower control arms with just the springs or just the spacers. Just PM me if you're interested.

Willys41

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
I have a 2020 Willys and started with adding Rubicon take off springs
Then went with metalcloak 2.5 springs.They came off with in a week. To stiff
Then installed EVO 2.5in plush ride coil springs. Loved them rides great .Real smooth articulation
Then EVO 3.5in plush ride coil springs also Loved them rides great and great articulation
I just put on EVO 4.5in plush ride coil springs 37in tires and bead locks. Rides a little stiffer put Really like the way the jeeps rides
Any buddy interested in buying some lightly used EVO 3.5in plush ride coil springs :jk:
During that period of time longer Fox shock / adjustable control arms / track bars and a lot more
I now have PSC Hydro assist ready to install next week
It never end. :LOL:

OP
OP

ejewels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW - Black
Thanks guys. I'm looking for just a 1.5" ish lift so it will still look good with 33's. Bigger lifts make 33's look weird IMO. I'm still brainless as to which springs I would need. There are so many options and now I'm reading that each side is different in some cases. The reason I'm stuck on the springs and not a dedicated kit, is because it seems to be a cheap, simple way to get a little more lift... and you don't need to do any other mods with just beefier springs.

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
For what you're trying to accomplish just buy a Teraflex or AEV spacer lift. I have the TF leveling kit 2" front and 1.5" back. It will ride like it does now with the little extra height you want.
Sponsored