Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I’m picking up a set of rubicon springs to install on my 21 Willys and wanted to confirm I won’t impact my ride quality by only installing these springs?

it sounds like if I added a spacer I would need to start thinking about LCAs. Is this true?
Sponsored

Hotchyy

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Parks & Rec
I’m picking up a set of rubicon springs to install on my 21 Willys and wanted to confirm I won’t impact my ride quality by only installing these springs?

it sounds like if I added a spacer I would need to start thinking about LCAs. Is this true?
I was under the impression that willys had similar shocks/springs as the rubicon?

Hotchyy

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Parks & Rec
Willlys has rubicon struts not rubicon springs.
Ahh okay yeah I wasn’t 100% on the springs.

But for OP I’d tell you to do the spacer you want and just get the mopar LCAs anyways as there aren’t that expensive, especially if you’re going to go with a metal bumper/winch. I’ve got a good bit of sag in the front I could’ve avoided if I added a spacer when I did my swap.

DarkhorseJL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2.0L (owned 12 other Jeeps)
Occupation
Behavioral / Clinical Psychologist
I was under the impression that willys had similar shocks/springs as the rubicon?
Willys come with the Rubi shocks but not the springs. They only come with sport springs.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
If you plan on a winch, go ahead and do a 1/2” or 3/4” spacer up front to offset the droop that’ll come with it.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
I have a Diesel Willys and picked up a Diesel Rubicon suspension for 150 the shocks were the same numbers except AA at the end instead of AB & springs were almost 1” taller. Anyway i added 1/12” front spacer & a 3/4” rear just because winch/bumper combo & a little bit bigger tires. I love the ride oh i did add Mopar 2” lift lower control arms too.

56A817F0-83B1-465F-845E-CF4AD6C2507B.jpeg
Sponsored