First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys 2 door Sarge, 2018 Silverado LTZ
Occupation
Retired LEO
I am new to owning a Jeep Wrangler. In May I purchased a 2022 Willys 2 door, 3.6L, 8 speed. It is equipped with the tow package, hard top, and has the Firestone Destination MT2 (32 inch) tires and Rubicon shocks. It would slightly sag in the rear when loaded or when I had my 2-bike rack on. I installed Air Lift 1000 rear air bags. They are great and improved the ride when loaded and I like the adjustability. After reviewing the spring information on this forum, I wanted to identify what OEM springs and their rates that are on my Willys.

The driver's side front spring is 68250236AD, passenger's side front spring is 68250228AD, driver's side rear spring is 68249109AA, and the passenger's side rear spring is 68249110AA. It is my understanding that the passenger side numbers and rates can be higher because of the fuel tank. I am confused in reference to the front numbers because the driver's side is ...236AD and the passenger's side is ...228AD. This is contrary to what I've read. Can someone please explain my OEM set up? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
My Willys had a pair of 236's in front. It's a 2.0t, 2 door, hardtop, and tow package model. My best guess with this is the 236 springs are an alternative to the 228's, possibly from a different vendor. I do not have a 228 to compare against, but the stock ride height matched a similarly equipped Sport Somethingorother model that I personally measured. I did use the axle tube to frame/upper spring mount measuring method for better consistency. Boy, the weird looks I got while doing that...

Maybe we can get @Traveller128 to weigh in here as he has done some extensive testing of the various 2 door springs.

Omen