Please help! Can not find the info I need on Spring #s

Bushfam5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Tomorrow morning I am swapping out my sport suspension for rubicon suspension. I will be replacing 58 and 59 springs with 60 and 61s in the front. In the back I will go from 87 and 88 to 90 and 91.

Did I read somewhere that I should expect 1/2” of lift per increased spring #? I can not find the thread now.
Appreciate the help. Worried because I am pretty level right now and thinking I may have a rake after.
Thanks again
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Tomorrow morning I am swapping out my sport suspension for rubicon suspension. I will be replacing 58 and 59 springs with 60 and 61s in the front. In the back I will go from 87 and 88 to 90 and 91.

Did I read somewhere that I should expect 1/2” of lift per increased spring #? I can not find the thread now.
Appreciate the help. Worried because I am pretty level right now and thinking I may have a rake after.
Thanks again
I've never read that. The springs are numbered based upon their spring rate, not an amount of lift per se, if that makes sense. The higher the number, the higher the spring rate. These higher spring rates you're installing will also resist sagging when/if you add steel bumpers, winch etc.

Since you have them, continue with the install and if you end up with too much of a rake, add small spacers to whichever axle you want to raise.

OP
OP

Bushfam5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
If my info was not correct, is there any way of estimating closely the lift height? I would hate to get this done and then have to redo the front to out in a spacer.

I did get a set of 1/2” and 3/4” front spacers just in case but would love to know if they are needed as early in the process as possible.
Thanks

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If my info was not correct, is there any way of estimating closely the lift height? I would hate to get this done and then have to redo the front to out in a spacer.

I did get a set of 1/2” and 3/4” front spacers just in case but would love to know if they are needed as early in the process as possible.
Thanks
It will come down to the weight of your JL vs. the donor JL, if yours is a 2 or 4 door, etc. For gas engine Rubicons, the highest spring rates I have seen are 61/62 fronts and 91/92 rears. So yours are close and I would guess you'd get 1.5" to 2" of lift.

There's a bunch of threads where others have posted how much lift they got and they probably listed their spring numbers too. I'd try to find those and see what others have gotten with the same springs you have.
Sponsored