Rubicon-Hard to find

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
On another note, I walked away from my brothers 2018 JK Rubicon Recon the day before yesterday in an impromptu race to 80 mph. This was before I was able to get filled up on premium fuel, as I was still running on the 87 that the dealer had "pre-installed".. ugh.
Men drag race.

Real men drag race Jeeps.

:P
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
That’s all I’ve seen here in MA...all are 2.0
Looks like after the 2019 model run FCA could have substantial rebates trying to unload 2.0's. Just saying !

RubiMtn

First Name
BP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
is it just me, or is it really hard to find a 2019 Rubicon 4 door, auto, with a 3.6...is there an issue? a back order? or are they super popular right now? Dealer did a 200 mile search and found 1 with the options I would want, but not my color choice. I did a nationwide search and found 4 not with what I would want...dealer said best to order, but what’s up?
Jeep is pushing NEW 2.0. In NC and no Rubi with 3.6. Story is Customer can order but dealership cannot order 3.6. So I DID order my 2019 Rubi and just got it the way I wanted. Waited thru 2018 so bugs are our but this 3.6 is loaded and loving it. Waiting to get the Italian leather put in !!!

Geral Hasten

First Name
Geral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
is it just me, or is it really hard to find a 2019 Rubicon 4 door, auto, with a 3.6...is there an issue? a back order? or are they super popular right now? Dealer did a 200 mile search and found 1 with the options I would want, but not my color choice. I did a nationwide search and found 4 not with what I would want...dealer said best to order, but what’s up?
You have to order it. They are pushing the 2.0 to get a better MPG average rating with the .GOV.

Geral Hasten

First Name
Geral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
You have to order it. They are pushing the 2.0 to get a better MPG average rating with the .GOV.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
No 3.6's in Toledo. My Dad wants one but would need to factory order to get one. He also said it's all 2.0's.

OP
OP
walkerkm

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
Paid less than that but wasn’t as much off sticker as you quote. The only option we didn’t want was leather but it was sill many thousand $ less than I could get. Finally picked it up. Headed home in the morning. The dealership was absolutely amazing from the sales staff to the finance manager. Not a single high pressure sales speech or a last minute hidden cost. I hate dealerships and avoided them but this was almost fun.

CE400F11-F468-42B3-8B20-58F6768950E4.jpeg

B95EA3A5-D727-4C0B-9415-6F7C417E6C8A.jpeg
Hopefully ordering a punk’n rubicon tomorrow...now to decide body color fenders and top or black? Hard decisions....

AKLiving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully ordering a punk’n rubicon tomorrow...now to decide body color fenders and top or black? Hard decisions....
My wife and I much prefer the black fenders and tops. I think it’s one of the things that make it look like a Jeep. And you don’t worry as much about scratches. We are always hitting brush and branches even when not off-roading. A soft top would be even better but they don’t last long at temps we see and with 1/2 the year in snow the hardtop is more practical.
The black contrasting with orange looks amazing. Though all the colors look great with black tops and fenders. Saharas weren’t even considered because of that.
To protect the hinges (already getting chips) my wife requested black plasti-dip.

And I wouldn’t do this with painted fenders.

562ADE2A-7A4F-42CA-A80D-FD2D7AB4BB3C.jpeg

Triggerfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubi
Congrats!

I went back and forth on the colored fenders/top, and I think a good balance is colored fenders and black top personally. The colored fenders gives it more of an upgraded look over a sport (my opinion, lol) but I found the matching colored top to be too much, especially on the red/orange.

Also, Jeep puts clear protective film on the colored fenders, so don't be afraid of the potential scratches.. if anything is going to scratch your fender through the protective film, you can bet it would have scratched the black plastic fenders also.

Either way, you can't go wrong!

Congrats again, I know how exciting it was to finally place my order! :)

IMG_1556.jpg

OP
OP
walkerkm

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
Congrats!

I went back and forth on the colored fenders/top, and I think a good balance is colored fenders and black top personally. The colored fenders gives it more of an upgraded look over a sport (my opinion, lol) but I found the matching colored top to be too much, especially on the red/orange.

Also, Jeep puts clear protective film on the colored fenders, so don't be afraid of the potential scratches.. if anything is going to scratch your fender through the protective film, you can bet it would have scratched the black plastic fenders also.

Either way, you can't go wrong!

Congrats again, I know how exciting it was to finally place my order! :)

IMG_1556.jpg
Congrats it’s beautiful!
Such a hard decision...i def want painted fenders and for the top, I can always buy a black one later, but can never buy a punk’n one...so I’m leaning towards body color top. But i’m Still not 100% sure what to do

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Congrats it’s beautiful!
Such a hard decision...i def want painted fenders and for the top, I can always buy a black one later, but can never buy a punk’n one...so I’m leaning towards body color top. But i’m Still not 100% sure what to do
Should be easy to get the colored top covered with black vinyl later if you decide to change.

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Should be easy to get the colored top covered with black vinyl later if you decide to change.
A black top is easier to sell than a body-colored one. Unless you sell it to a Mojito! owner, those guys/gals are color blind.

OP
OP
walkerkm

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No i would buy the black top I wouldn’t cover it

OP
OP
walkerkm

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A black top is easier to sell than a body-colored one. Unless you sell it to a Mojito! owner, those guys/gals are color blind.
A body color top bought at another time would never match that’s why I figure I could always buy a black top later. A lot of people sell them to get a soft top or I can order a new one

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Punkn colored top would be a LOT of punkn. Probably want to break it up with some decals but that's a good point about the color matching.
Sponsored