Sponsored

Rubicon-Hard to find

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
is it just me, or is it really hard to find a 2019 Rubicon 4 door, auto, with a 3.6...is there an issue? a back order? or are they super popular right now? Dealer did a 200 mile search and found 1 with the options I would want, but not my color choice. I did a nationwide search and found 4 not with what I would want...dealer said best to order, but what’s up?
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
is it just me, or is it really hard to find a 2019 Rubicon 4 door, auto, with a 3.6...is there an issue? a back order? or are they super popular right now? Dealer did a 200 mile search and found 1 with the options I would want, but not my color choice. I did a nationwide search and found 4 not with what I would want...dealer said best to order, but what’s up?
Yep just place an order. For some reason, most 2019 Rubicons have the 2.0. But just place an order and get exactly what you want. Good luck :like:

OP
OP
walkerkm

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
That’s all I’ve seen here in MA...all are 2.0

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
From what I’ve read in the forums and seen locally, most dealer lots are full of the 2.0s. Seems that there’s a push to sell those for some reason.
And from what I've seen, it's only the Rubicons that are afflicted with the 2.0. Sports and Sahara seem to be split on the 2.0/3.6.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Sounds like the mustang. I was in the market for a new mustang convertible, or slightly used, and 99% i found were the ecoboost 4 banger. Went to the dealership and thats all they had. No way id buy a new mustang without that badass coyote motor. For a mustang that sounds like a focus.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
FCA is pushing the 2.0 HARD. Had to do a dealer search to find a 3.6 like 400mi away.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It’s because of the Federal Emissions standards. The 2.0 has a reported 2 mpg advantage over the 3.6, which means the more 2.0’s they sell, the higher their average mpg. This is the only way to keep producing such ineffecient fun vehicles like the wrangler in the age of overregulation.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I think I read somewhere on this forum that it's a CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) thing. The 2.0 has better fuel economy so they have to try selling more of those to meet federal standards/regulations for fuel economy, which of course is quite the challenge for a Wrangler!

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just had to order mine too. Everywhere I looked, the Rubicons came equipped with the 2.0.
[thread hijack] Please tell me that is your YJ in your avatar. Words cannot begin to express how much I love that. Jurassic Park came out when I was in 3rd grade and I saw it 6 times in the theater. Bought the VHS the day it came out. I can still see the VHS display as if I’d seen it this morning. If that is your YJ, kudos to you, sir. [/thread hijack]

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
[thread hijack] Please tell me that is your YJ in your avatar. Words cannot begin to express how much I love that. Jurassic Park came out when I was in 3rd grade and I saw it 6 times in the theater. Bought the VHS the day it came out. I can still see the VHS display as if I’d seen it this morning. If that is your YJ, kudos to you, sir. [/thread hijack]
It is indeed. I was in the 1st grade when I saw JP. I lived in Hawaii, and even got to see a JP Jeep sitting on a lot randomly. I also co-founded a (mostly Jeep) club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool where we recreate replicas vehicles from the movies. Check us out, www.jpmotorpool.com

I am also buying a silver JL to attempt to make it look like the G Wagons from Jurassic World. Fun stuff.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It is indeed. I was in the 1st grade when I saw JP. I lived in Hawaii, and even got to see a JP Jeep sitting on a lot randomly. I also co-founded a (mostly Jeep) club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool where we recreate replicas vehicles from the movies. Check us out, www.jpmotorpool.com

I am also buying a silver JL to attempt to make it look like the G Wagons from Jurassic World. Fun stuff.
C9E0E83F-C729-4176-8197-0F9C0F4BF2C2.gif

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

You're the coolest person I've ever met, even though we've never met.

You sir are destined to be a rock star on this forum :captain: :jk:
Sponsored