Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Do any exist?

Need one in case I tip my Jeep over on the way to my knitting classes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
How about exoskeletons?

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
not many people make prebuilt mass produced cages in general fora few reasons, they are hard to make, they are hard to ship, they are hard to make fit right, there is a big liability factor if you cage fails, and it is easier to go custom made.

The factory cage is designed for 1 or 2 rolls at high speed for safety standards and will protect you on a roll but after that it needs to be replaced and at that point your body and frame are all tweaked up and the prebuild cages will a pain to fit right.

Bolt on cage parts like rock hard's are a hair step up better than a factory because they are dependent on the factory cage and tend to tie into convenient spots rather than strong spots to make install easier. And during a roll over they dont add that much rigidity.

Most people that get to this stage tend to be really into the sport and either knows how to weld and bend tube or know a person or a shop that can do the job for them. This is your best option if you want a proper cage to can get a proper and you can get it exactly how you want it, exto, interior, hybrid, add engine protection, proper frame tie ins, ect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
not many people make prebuilt mass produced cages in general fora few reasons, they are hard to make, they are hard to ship, they are hard to make fit right, there is a big liability factor if you cage fails, and it is easier to go custom made.

The factory cage is designed for 1 or 2 rolls at high speed for safety standards and will protect you on a roll but after that it needs to be replaced and at that point your body and frame are all tweaked up and the prebuild cages will a pain to fit right.

Bolt on cage parts like rock hard's are a hair step up better than a factory because they are dependent on the factory cage and tend to tie into convenient spots rather than strong spots to make install easier. And during a roll over they dont add that much rigidity.

Most people that get to this stage tend to be really into the sport and either knows how to weld and bend tube or know a person or a shop that can do the job for them. This is your best option if you want a proper cage to can get a proper and you can get it exactly how you want it, exto, interior, hybrid, add engine protection, proper frame tie ins, ect.
Very helpful, thanks!

I’d be doing it more for the coolness factor than for actual functional reasons.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
As far as I know, the JL's frame is also waaaay stronger than the JK's frame was..

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Rockhard cage would be the way to go IMO. Bolt in and RH produces top notch stuff. Had one in our JK and IMO really tightened up the body. Not only that, you can accessorize the roll bar too, powdercoat to match, place go pros etc on them. Exoskeltons remind me of when we saw this group of hummers out on the trail, dang skelton got in the way more than it helped fm what I saw. Could have been the trail we were on as it was pretty tight for the hummer as it was, the skeleton made it worse.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Have the Rock Hard cage components been officially crash-tested or are they just theoretical reinforcements?

Sponsored

Andykreager

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I don't think we have any documentation of rockhard jl kit after roll. It looks like it would provide some lateral stiffness, but I don't know how much top down it adds. Easy to install and good price. Gen right says they are in final stages of development for JL. Their JK is $2500-3000 for just parts plus shipping and BIG project to install. So not counting painting or powder coating, rh full JLU kit parts about $1250 and easy to install by self. Genright $3000-7600. Wish there was an imbetween.

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Has anybody done custom roll cage for the JL yet?

started talked with a local shop again about doing a custom cage for my JL. I had the same shop make a custom one for my JK five years ago.

It was $4600 or so back then but being quoted $6000 to $6500 for the JL. This is custom full cage installed and powder coated.

2016 Jeep JK Cage

Jeep Wrangler JL Roll Cages for JL? 1AADEC16-0D7F-4DBD-B7C0-DE53187F4DF4
Sponsored