Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The actual comfort of the coil spring comes down to the spring rate that your vehicle is actually going to be driving on going down the road. You can make a linear spring that's really soft, or a linear spring that's really stiff, and the same thing for a dual-rate or triple rate spring. There are always pros and cons to each coil system. The main advantage to dual or triple rate coils is that they are longer than typical linear rate springs, therefore they help to protect the coil from coming unseated or falling out during flex. Linear coils tend to have a longer life span as the parts of the coil are not hitting and rubbing up against one another. At Clayton Off Road, we really take the time to look into each application and use and make sure we're using the most appropriate coil system and pairings best suited for your particular vehicle, style of riding, and of course comfort and quality. Certain marketing strategies have been used in this industry to make customers believe one system is always certainly better than the other, and as with most things in life that's rarely ever the case. Our systems have long been known for providing a ride that's not only on par with your stock suspension but even improves upon it by providing you with the highest quality system designed for both on and off-road use, backed by a lifetime warranty. We create systems designed to adapt to and perform in whatever situation you and your vehicle find yourselves in.
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Thank you for taking the time to write up such a thoughtful and informative response. One thing clear is both the companies provide great service and are part of the community.
Without a doubt, nearly all of the big manufacturers do this because we enjoy it and because, at the end of the day, it allows us to work within our hobby. We all want to do the best, make the best, be the best but each of us have goods and bads.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT

mtu1293

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2016 WK2 75th addt, 2014 Ram 2500, 46 CJ2A, 60s CJ6
I'm bouncing between these two lifts as well - and every time I think I have on picked more information is bounced back n forth. I agree with many above either one of you are top notch companies to deal with.

I'm debating between Clayton 3.5" Premium Lift and the Rock Krawler 3.5" X factor No Limits suspension lift. I had RK on my JKU and no complaints at all and flexed awesome in conjunction with Falcon 3.3 shocks. Leaning towards Fox 2.0s this time for shocks. I do prefer the RK front sway bar links. In our JL group already have one with RK and another with MC lifts, so was planning potentially trying something different.

Mainly a daily driver, but will be travelling throughout the nation hitting trails as vacation allows. This is on my 2021 JLUR, and plan on running 37" tires. No overlanding equipment mainly just some tools, luggage, already have winch and winch bumper, and will be getting rear bumper down the road. Also adding skids underneath - so again adding weight but nothing like roof top tents, extra gas/water, etc.

Sponsored

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@Rock Krawler Suspension is there a serious lack of inventory for your kits at the moment? I was looking at purchasing the JLU 2.5 Inch Flex "No Limits" System - TT and it seems to be sold out everywhere. I would like to go from stock to 37s.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@Rock Krawler Suspension is there a serious lack of inventory for your kits at the moment? I was looking at purchasing the JLU 2.5 Inch Flex "No Limits" System - TT and it seems to be sold out everywhere. I would like to go from stock to 37s.
So I got my most kit from them inside a week, I did order thru a reseller, I am still waiting in my rear springs and was told it would be a few weeks

Datjeeptho

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So I got my most kit from them inside a week, I did order thru a reseller, I am still waiting in my rear springs and was told it would be a few weeks
That’s not bad. I would be ordering through a shop and having it installed. Just trying to plan as I think the best way to do it would be to get the tires put on (I’ll be getting them from a different shop unfortunately) and then the lift since they do alignment when it’s installed.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That’s not bad. I would be ordering through a shop and having it installed. Just trying to plan as I think the best way to do it would be to get the tires put on (I’ll be getting them from a different shop unfortunately) and then the lift since they do alignment when it’s installed.
I hear you can run 35s on the street no lift , not sure about 37s, what size are you thinking

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
37s. It would be extremely short term. Hoping to do both upgrades in the same week.
37s fit with minimal rubbing on the Rubicon with the right wheels. If you're running the factory bumper you'll need to pull the end caps off. Obviously for street only but you should be fine short term. There's no reason you can't get the alignment done before putting on the new tires. Changing tires has 0 effect on the alignment.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I hear you can run 35s on the street no lift , not sure about 37s, what size are you thinking
You can do it, the tires would just rub on the control arms and fenders so it would have to be used for mainly mild on-road use only! Even 35's on stock suspension cause some rubbing but is much more on-road driving friendly than 37's!

OP
OP
TheJanitor6203

TheJanitor6203

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2.0 turbo, auto
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler vs. Clayton 59165B4B-AD22-41D8-80CE-7E012AEE5069

So I finally pulled the trigger and went with the 3.5” Clayton Overland Plus. It’s been on for a week (just got tires today though) and it rides really nice. The install was pretty easy but I have a somewhat minor complaint for @Clayton Off Road. Why don’t y’all cut the sway bar links before sending? That seems like a really silly place to skimp out.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler vs. Clayton 59165B4B-AD22-41D8-80CE-7E012AEE5069

So I finally pulled the trigger and went with the 3.5” Clayton Overland Plus. It’s been on for a week (just got tires today though) and it rides really nice. The install was pretty easy but I have a somewhat minor complaint for @Clayton Off Road. Why don’t y’all cut the sway bar links before sending? That seems like a really silly place to skimp out.
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see some more photos. We're happy you found the install relatively easy and appreciate your feedback as well! At the moment due to supply chain issues, it's easier for us to keep a one size fits all rod stocked and shipped out with kits, that way we are not pre-cutting any rods and running out of a particular size which could possibly extend lead times further out. Hopefully that makes sense, it's also just another nice way to fine-tune your build and get that rod cut exactly to where you need for your specific build and vehicle!
Sponsored