Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Will any/all of the MC/Yeti/RK work on a smaller lift? I put a teraflex spacer kit on (2" front) and my front axle is off center. I've been researching tonight and see several adjustable track bars with 2.5" minimum lift requirement.
We know for a fact the RK bar will adjust down for that lift height no problem.

RK

2k2wranglerx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon JL
yeah i'd be avoiding the yeti with that big adjusting collar.

1. it's not needed. Once set you should NEVER need to adjust your track bar (unless you change lift heights).

2. It's just another point of failure. I'd much rather have a traditional misalignment joint at the end like RK.

3. the adjustment collar on that yeti looks like a prime place for a misalignment issue under tension. the only thing stopping it from twisting in the collar are those little clamps...

The RK is a no brainer to me. Once i see metal cloak out winning Ultra 4 races on their stuff I might consider them. I've also TRIED to kill pretty much all my RK stuff on several of my rigs (i've had 31) and I have yet to have a failure. I have killed Teraflex joints, RE joints and bent my RE arms, I bent 1/4" wall 3" DOM arms on one of my 1 ton rigs (but couldn't kill the custom RK arms they make me to replace them), etc etc etc...

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the Metalcloak track bar (or any of the others) will work with a stock height JL? The only one that I've confirmed so far that will work with a stock height Jeep is the Yeti. My Jeep isn't lifted and "probably" never will be, but I want to get a stronger, sturdier track bar for it. Thanks!

Last edited:

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
JKS will work with Stock height.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Does anyone know if the Metalcloak track bar (or any of the others) will work with a stock height JL? The only one that I've confirmed so far that will work with a stock height Jeep is the Yeti. My Jeep isn't lifted and "probably" never will be, but I want to get a stronger, sturdier track bar for it. Thanks!
RK's track bar will adjust down to stock length

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
RK's track bar will adjust down to stock length
That is great news, fellas! Your track bar with its solid steel construction, the articulation provided by its Heim joint on the axle-side end, and its reasonable price made it my top choice, but someone told me a while back that it wouldn't work with a stock lift setup. Thanks for the information!

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
That is great news, fellas! Your track bar with its solid steel construction, the articulation provided by its Heim joint on the axle-side end, and its reasonable price made it my top choice, but someone told me a while back that it wouldn't work with a stock lift setup. Thanks for the information!
Honestly, I haven't tried to put it into a stock height JL, but we know the measurement will get short enough. We have one JL that is still stock height for the moment here, I'll take a look tonight.

Sponsored

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I haven't tried to put it into a stock height JL, but we know the measurement will get short enough. We have one JL that is still stock height for the moment here, I'll take a look tonight.
Thanks! I'd appreciate that a lot! :like:

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
@XTrooper Best I can tell, it will fit right up. I can't interchange any parts on this stock height JL yet until the engineers are done mapping this one out so I can't fully confirm but to the absolute best of my ability, I believe it will fit without issue. All of our other JL's are lifted.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for spending your time and effort in trying to make a determination regarding whether your track bar will bolt up to a stock height Jeep JL. I have one other option open to me, but, at this point, I am 99% sure I am going to buy your track bar for the reasons I mentioned previously and, additionally, because of the willingness to help displayed in this thread by you and Rock Krawler in general.
In the event I purchase one and it doesn't bolt up, will the possibility exist for me to return it? Thanks again!

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
All the products mentioned are good products for sure.

However a few things to note:

* The RK Bar is a solid alloy steel bar so it can be smaller in size than a cast or forged part and provide much more strength.

* The RK bar only has an anti-wobble or bushing joint at one end, thus reducing the amount of bushing "give" providing a much firmer feel.

* The RK bar offers +/- 15 degrees of misalignment at the frame side joint and +/- 20 degrees of misalignment at the axle side joint. This is very important. If you cycle you suspension, you will notice the axle moves forward and aft quite about through out its range of motion. This motion puts the track bar at an angle thus requiring the ends of the track bar to offer angle correction. Out of all the ones mentioned, the RK bar is the only one that offers this with the nature of the spherical ends.

Hope that helps.
Ok, but what about the hype of NVH factor in the design of the bushing, do you have that? Or is that just hype?
Sponsored