Sponsored

Rock Krawler rear track bar hitting bracket.

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
I have the rock Krawler 3.5 no limits lift. I was under the jeep the other day, and i noticed that the track bar has been hitting the bracket pretty good. I don't know if it's on road stuff or strictly off road, when flexed, but it's been hitting for sure.

Anyone had an issue with this? I tried searching and found nothing.

BA65FC9E-E61C-4581-9800-1DB54E4A87A2.jpeg

1E09A667-D7E7-4725-803C-1F07D909CE02.jpeg
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the rock Krawler 3.5 no limits lift. I was under the jeep the other day, and i noticed that the track bar has been hitting the bracket pretty good. I don't know if it's on road stuff or strictly off road, when flexed, but it's been hitting for sure.

Anyone had an issue with this? I tried searching and found nothing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler rear track bar hitting bracket. 1E09A667-D7E7-4725-803C-1F07D909CE02

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler rear track bar hitting bracket. 1E09A667-D7E7-4725-803C-1F07D909CE02
Yeah, mine hits too. I donā€™t think RK intended us to use it with their adj. track bar. Even though we can, I think the bracket is more to be used with stock track bar. I put mine on to help with roll center but to be honest, I canā€™t tell that big of a difference with it on or off. I put it on and took it off 3 times trying to feel the difference, lol. Finally since my buddies on here say it helps , I drank the koolaid and left it on.,....šŸ˜

OP
OP

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
Yeah, wouldnā€™t hurt anything, thereā€™s plenty of it there, lol.
If you look at my pic you can see where i half ass drew a line with my finger šŸ¤£

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
If you look at my pic you can see where i half ass drew a line with my finger šŸ¤£
I have that bracket sitting on the shelf. Plenty of meat you can take off the thing without issue. I'd use something a little more aggressive than your finger though.

OP
OP

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Mine isnā€™t hitting bad enough for me to worry over it for now, but Iā€™ll probably cut it out of the way as Andy suggested, eventually.
It's a thing though. I would linger on it. My front lower control arm bushings were shot after my first trip out because the control arm was hitting the shock bolt towards the last little bit of flex. I didn't catch it and the bushings were gone. Had to replace like yours. When the bushing couldn't rotate it took the path of least resistance.

Since the RK track bar is a heim joint you're likely to stretch the heim body which will cause the bearing to wiggle back and forth leading to the axle shifting back and forth. It isn't the end of the world but it shouldn't happen.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's a thing though. I would linger on it. My front lower control arm bushings were shot after my first trip out because the control arm was hitting the shock bolt towards the last little bit of flex. I didn't catch it and the bushings were gone. Had to replace like yours. When the bushing couldn't rotate it took the path of least resistance.

Since the RK track bar is a heim joint you're likely to stretch the heim body which will cause the bearing to wiggle back and forth leading to the axle shifting back and forth. It isn't the end of the world but it shouldn't happen.
I just had my front/rear track bars out inspecting the joints, after I found what I found on my rear lowers. So far so good, everything on them still good, but as you say, Iā€™m on borrowed time, Iā€™ll get it done.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bombout800

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, g35

Also, if the bar is hitting on the bracket , it's binding both joints. I'm more worried about it hitting than it moving the way it was designed to. I don't think it will stretch the heim with the bracket cut. If that's what you are referring to.

Picked up a new grinder as the old one took a crap a few months back. I'll get it cut in just a little bit.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Also, if the bar is hitting on the bracket , it's binding both joints. I'm more worried about it hitting than it moving the way it was designed to. I don't think it will stretch the heim with the bracket cut. If that's what you are referring to.

Picked up a new grinder as the old one took a crap a few months back. I'll get it cut in just a little bit.

It won't stretch when the bracket is cleaned up. It will if the track bar hits the bracket. What would scare me most is that the heim joint threads inside the tube are machined in there. If you start taking material away from the outside of the tube where the threads are you can create a weak point for failure. Unlikely anything would happen but I've seen so much weird stuff in the off road world I try to protect against it.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Mine isnā€™t hitting bad enough for me to worry over it for now, but Iā€™ll probably cut it out of the way as Andy suggested, eventually.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Krawler rear track bar hitting bracket. CD1CEDD0-EEAD-476A-A075-8A25F5BBA513
This is why I swapped to the TF track bar bracket. That and it allowed me to add the golden diaper.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I swapped to the TF track bar bracket. That and it allowed me to add the golden diaper.
Lol.... yah, I have the red diaper so no problem there, itā€™s cheaper to carve this one out a little, lol. Saving for long arms...šŸ¤£