Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
It is all good. Enjoy your rig. Not sure how you or where you are measuring the difference but component for component RK offers more and it is simple math so there is no opinions required. MC components out do our Adventure Series Lowers by a little bit. For example, 60 degrees of misalignment out of the RK Adventure Series Lowers versus 68 out of the lowers for MC - but the RK X Factor has a total of 90 degrees of misalignment...
Sponsored

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
We understand completely.

An 850 on 37's is a respectable score. We personally like the 3.5" with 37's on Rubi's if you are not removing the inner fenders. Our "Maximizing" the 3.5" on the Rubi comes with 38's and full fenders or removed inner fenders and 40's. We really feel the new Dana 44's will hold up well to 38's. 40's - well that will be debatable, but they did do well for all the rigs in Moab that had them.

There is still a lot to learn on the JL and JLU and we are very confident that aftermarket will start filling in the holes....

Good luck with your continued effort the maximize the potential of your JLUR...

RK
How are you guys still feeling about this statement. I’m on the fence between 37s and 40s on factory rubi axles regreared. I need to run it that way 6-12 months.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
40's are pushing the stock 44 axles, but a sensible wheeler with 37's or 38x13.5 tires will do very well on the stock axles. Regearing will be a great option to look at in the future for sure....

RK

Mojitojlu

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jlu rubicon 2017 Jeep Wrangler jku. 2003 Jeep Wrangler Tj rubicon. 1995 Jeep Wrangler yj. 1982 jeep cj7
Occupation
Lineman
Damn I just ordered the 3.5 to kit.....think I need too send it back if I'm gonna achieve less then advertised lift.....

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Damn I just ordered the 3.5 to kit.....think I need too send it back if I'm gonna achieve less then advertised lift.....
You'll get just at 3.5 on a stock JLUR. More on a Sahara, and even more on a sport.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
If you feel you need more lift you will need a high steer conversion and most certainly a front driveshaft just to name a few of the items. Our lift heights and shock travel specs is based on this. We provide as much lift and travel as you can possibly have safely for the 3.5 lift heights. That lift height is a critical value for JL Owners.

Mojitojlu

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jlu rubicon 2017 Jeep Wrangler jku. 2003 Jeep Wrangler Tj rubicon. 1995 Jeep Wrangler yj. 1982 jeep cj7
Occupation
Lineman
If you feel you need more lift you will need a high steer conversion and most certainly a front driveshaft just to name a few of the items. Our lift heights and shock travel specs is based on this. We provide as much lift and travel as you can possibly have safely for the 3.5 lift heights. That lift height is a critical value for JL Owners.
I have never run rk. I always ran MC....I just checked my spring part numbers too what was posted earlier in this thread and my pt numbers are different.....I don't want to install this kit and have less then 3.5 inches of actual lift..... I think to be safe I'll return my rk lift and go back with MC......just don't want to be disappointed and do the job twice........

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I have never run rk. I always ran MC....I just checked my spring part numbers too what was posted earlier in this thread and my pt numbers are different.....I don't want to install this kit and have less then 3.5 inches of actual lift..... I think to be safe I'll return my rk lift and go back with MC......just don't want to be disappointed and do the job twice........

You may want to search under the original posts name, I think he had other issues once he went to MC.

Mojitojlu

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lineman

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Our 3.5" coils provide 3.5" + 3/8 minus nothing typically for lift and has been well documented on this site. You will not be disappointed, that is for sure. To RK it is not a height game, but it is a ride quality, handling and off-road performance game. For the JL's we strived to stay as close to nominal as possible. As others have mentioned; once you go higher than these coils you will start running into other issues; for example - you will need to covert to high steer, you will definitely need a front driveshaft, and the list goes on and on. That is the point when you really need to open your check book. Not to mention with a 3.5" on a Rubi you can run up 37's up to 39's with full fenders and proper bump stops or 40's with separated rubi fenders. You certainly do not need to go taller! Build smarter!

If you want to be taller, you can swap springs out, we have 4.5" springs in stock, but since we have not released our high steer options, we have not released full systems as of yet and are still in the development and testing phases. It has to be right before we release it.

RK

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fizzlepop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
You may want to search under the original posts name, I think he had other issues once he went to MC.
The issues I had were due to the stock drag link and tie rod deflecting, not due to the MC lift. I put components of the RK lift back on momentarily to double check, and the problems still persisted. Replacing drag link and tie rod with steersmarts' fixed the issue.

Mojitojlu

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lineman
Our 3.5" coils provide 3.5" + 3/8 minus nothing typically for lift and has been well documented on this site. You will not be disappointed, that is for sure. To RK it is not a height game, but it is a ride quality, handling and off-road performance game. For the JL's we strived to stay as close to nominal as possible. As others have mentioned; once you go higher than these coils you will start running into other issues; for example - you will need to covert to high steer, you will definitely need a front driveshaft, and the list goes on and on. That is the point when you really need to open your check book. Not to mention with a 3.5" on a Rubi you can run up 37's up to 39's with full fenders and proper bump stops or 40's with separated rubi fenders. You certainly do not need to go taller! Build smarter!

If you want to be taller, you can swap springs out, we have 4.5" springs in stock, but since we have not released our high steer options, we have not released full systems as of yet and are still in the development and testing phases. It has to be right before we release it.

RK
The issues I had were due to the stock drag link and tie rod deflecting, not due to the MC lift. I put components of the RK lift back on momentarily to double check, and the problems still persisted. Replacing drag link and tie rod with steersmarts' fixed the issue.
I understand the drag link flip I have a yeti set up on the way.....taller is not always better I get that....I just want the advertised lift if I put in 3.5 inch springs I want 3.5 inches...I hear of guys putting 3.5 inch springs and getting just over 2.5 inches of lift after all said and done.....maybe I'll swap out to the 4.5 I just don't like doing things twice.....once this lift is in on.....I don't have time too swap springs...........I appreciate all your help......

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

RK
Are you saying with the Rock Krawler 3 1/2 you would not need to switch out the DS?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying with the Rock Krawler 3 1/2 you would not need to switch out the DS?
It would be strongly recommended if your front shock extended dimension is greater than 29". It is a good idea either way, as any lift over roughly 3" will create accelerated wear on the joint at the transfer case.

Mojitojlu

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lineman