Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
My understanding (again not an expert by any means so someone feel free to correct me if Im wrong) that there would be no difference between the Bilstein shocks for the JK and the JL except maybe for length which RK usually gives recomended collapsed and extended shock length for you to choose your own shocks if you want. Im not aware of the shock lengths of the stock JL to be different then the JK so unless the lift is netting a different height, there would be no difference between the JK and JL shock choices.
You won't want to use JK valved shocks in the JK with these kits because they will be stiffer than necessary.

Falcon 2.1s are in stock now, Radflos and King both have options out, and Rock Krawler's RRD shocks will be available soon. Other options would be AccuTune for custom valved Fox Factory Series adjustable shocks, or SkyJacker twin tube style shocks. Evo Mfg and Rubicon Express both have shock extensions available as well.

Let me know if you need pricing or more details on anything above as we are a dealer for everything listed including RK.

Marcus
Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Can't use JK shocks on a JL... Different mounting.

Fab-tech has their Dirt Logic shocks available also.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation

Fab-tech has their Dirt Logic shocks available also.
Very true, but you can knock the bar pin out of the top of a rear JK shock and bolt it in. That has been done and has been proven to not be a good option because the valving is stiffer than the JL needs.

Reactions: J0E

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
We will be releasing our new 2.25 shocks very soon and we are happy to announce that our first ginny pig 2 door just showed up so it is game time on the 2 doors. Our first company 2 door will be a Hella Yella one if it ever comes out. Maybe a stretch, maybe a LS swap. Just a bunch of maybe's right now... LOL

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT

Please - please do not ever use JK valved shocks on a JL. They must be much different. Even you got the end conditions to match, the valving MUST BE DIFFERENT...

We are working with many shock manufacturer's currently as well as releasing our own 2.25 shocks very soon..... Radflo, Bilstein and Fox are three of the other companies we are working with currently just to name a few...

Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Very true, but you can knock the bar pin out of the top of a rear JK shock and bolt it in. That has been done and has been proven to not be a good option because the valving is stiffer than the JL needs.
The front of the JL is not a post...

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
How was the install? How is the ride?

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
how did you get that lift? Are they shipping now? I've ordered and paid for mine a long time ago.

JeepRubiCan

First Name
Case
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
how did you get that lift? Are they shipping now? I've ordered and paid for mine a long time ago.

I am in the same boat bud. Missing all kinds of wheeling

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I ordered mine through Quadratec a while ago. Said it was to ship on 5/17..... Still waiting. I called RK directly, and they said it would ship 6/6.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Are y'all gonna run the RK shocks? I want to run the 2.5 kit too, but don't know if the shocks are any good?
I’m running their 2 5/8 remote resevoir Pure Performance branded (RK’s truck brand) on my wife’s Ram 2500. They’re not too bad around town (we’ll with the exception of extreme cold in the winter), however they soak up the rough stuff pretty well. I’ve blasted along dirt roads in Joshua Tree NP and forest roads in Ocala NF at speeds up to 70mph and the ride was pretty good for a nearly 7000lb truck.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Are y'all gonna run the RK shocks? I want to run the 2.5 kit too, but don't know if the shocks are any good?
I have the Falcons in my garage.... Waiting for the lift.
Sponsored