ROCK HARD 4X4 Front Control arm skids.

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Did you end up TQ-ing these to 190 as well?
Hey conFUcius,
I never installed mine, still in the box with the aftermarket bolts I bought. I didn’t want to go through the clunking issues, so I was holding off. Earlier this week I had a lift installed and also had front LCA skids welded on. If anyone wants my RockHard skids (front and rear), they are for sale :).
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Hey conFUcius,
I never installed mine, still in the box with the aftermarket bolts I bought. I didn’t want to go through the clunking issues, so I was holding off. Earlier this week I had a lift installed and also had front LCA skids welded on. If anyone wants my RockHard skids (front and rear), they are for sale :).
Guess I’ll be the one reporting back, haha.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Rancho rear control arm skids and have never had a clunking issue with them. I'm on my second set of RH front skids and now with the aftermarket bolts and they still clunk! I've gone through having both sets powdercoated red (to match the Ranchos and my Yeti track bars), then had them installed, removed, new set installed with aftermarket bolts..... just for them to start clunking again not long after :( RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I went with Rancho rear control arm skids and have never had a clunking issue with them. I'm on my second set of RH front skids and now with the aftermarket bolts and they still clunk! I've gone through having both sets powdercoated red (to match the Ranchos and my Yeti track bars), then had them installed, removed, new set installed with aftermarket bolts..... just for them to start clunking again not long after :( RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
Sad to hear about the clunking :\ I've been not paying attention to my Jeep much as of late, but I have a feeling cause of this thread I'm gonna keep putting of the install of these over other projects when I get back on it

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

Yeah, you just went through torquing it all down to stop your clunking, but it’s worth it to upgrade the hardware. I just did exactly that from the same source. It’s really not that bad, once you remove a nut just drive the bolt out with a new one to keep everything lined up, then put the new one in and drive your line-up bolt out. It keeps everything from coming apart and having to realign it all each time.
Darn clever! (Wish I'd thought of it 🙄)

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
I’m using RH on the front axle and frame sides, Rusty’s rear frame, and Artec rear axle. As of now, with all torques correct, no clunking. Fingers crossed.

I kinda liked getting the bare metal Rusty’s… get them powder coated red :)
I spoke too soon. Now I have clunking. Ugh,
Sponsored