RK X Factor and Fox 2.5s

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
Has anyone tried this combo? I can get the 2.5s at a mate's rate price so would be silly not to go that route even though they may be overkill. Going with a 2.5" lift so that I can still fit in my garage at home. Mostly a pavement pounder being my daily plus the family vehicle on the weekends. Off road adventures will be a monthly weekend away in various terrains and an annual 2 - 3 week trip to various parts of Australia. Weight adding mods are 35s, winch and long range tank.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried this combo? I can get the 2.5s at a mate's rate price so would be silly not to go that route even though they may be overkill. Going with a 2.5" lift so that I can still fit in my garage at home. Mostly a pavement pounder being my daily plus the family vehicle on the weekends. Off road adventures will be a monthly weekend away in various terrains and an annual 2 - 3 week trip to various parts of Australia. Weight adding mods are 35s, winch and long range tank.
If these are the shocks you’re talking about.
For my setup this is an awesome combination works great for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL RK X Factor and Fox 2.5s E7FF2909-F7C5-47C2-8006-8532C7492BC5

OP
OP

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If these are the shocks you’re talking about.
For my setup this is an awesome combination works great for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL RK X Factor and Fox 2.5s E7FF2909-F7C5-47C2-8006-8532C7492BC5
That's them. I think I'm going to be limited on up travel. Unfortunately we don't get the high mount fenders in Australia even on the Rubicon. Do you think I'll need the rear relocation brackets with the smaller lift? I assume I won't get as much down travel as you get.

Nice wheels. I have the exact same though I'm just running the plastic rim protectors not the aluminium proper beadlocks. Also switched out the bolts to black instead of the zinc plating.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That's them. I think I'm going to be limited on up travel. Unfortunately we don't get the high mount fenders in Australia even on the Rubicon. Do you think I'll need the rear relocation brackets with the smaller lift? I assume I won't get as much down travel as you get.

Nice wheels. I have the exact same though I'm just running the plastic rim protectors not the aluminium proper beadlocks. Also switched out the bolts to black instead of the zinc plating.
The shocks come in 4 different lengths ( 0-1.5”, 2-3”, 3.5-4”, and 4.5-6”). I’m running the 4.5-6”’ version with 3.5” springs, this gives me a lot of articulation. Do you know what length shocks you’re getting ? The 2-3” would pair the best with your 2.5” springs. As far as up travel, you can chop your fenders, and get aftermarket inner fenders. But if not you can control it with more bump stop to keep tires out of the fenders.

OP
OP

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shocks come in 4 different lengths ( 0-1.5”, 2-3”, 3.5-4”, and 4.5-6”). I’m running the 4.5-6”’ version with 3.5” springs, this gives me a lot of articulation. Do you know what length shocks you’re getting ? The 2-3” would pair the best with your 2.5” springs. As far as up travel, you can chop your fenders, and get aftermarket inner fenders. But if not you can control it with more bump stop to keep tires out of the fenders.
I'm going with the 3.5-4" as they're the best match to the recommendation that RK have on their website. I'm fortunate to have access to a lift for the install and am getting the adjustable length bump stops so I'll play with it till I get the right combination of up travel and clearance.