Metalcloak vs RK X factor rear track bar

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Help me out. The Metalcloak GC has a rear track bar designed to clear on up-travel as well as downtravel. I’m assuming it’s adjustable. The RK X Factor stage 1 comes with Bolt-on rear track bar relocation bracket, and say if you do aftermarket it could hit exhaust. What’s the difference and which is better to have for actual off roading? Also, why the difference. I’m trying to decide between the Metalcloak and RK. Just want the most complete kit, with best suspension flex and longevity. Plan on keeping my girl for a very long time. Plus I don’t want to install one kit and realize I need extra stuff to make it better. Seems like the relocation bracket is a cheaper way instead of a better track bar
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Help me out. The Metalcloak GC has a rear track bar designed to clear on up-travel as well as downtravel. I’m assuming it’s adjustable. The RK X Factor stage 1 comes with Bolt-on rear track bar relocation bracket, and say if you do aftermarket it could hit exhaust. What’s the difference and which is better to have for actual off roading? Also, why the difference. I’m trying to decide between the Metalcloak and RK. Just want the most complete kit, with best suspension flex and longevity. Plan on keeping my girl for a very long time. Plus I don’t want to install one kit and realize I need extra stuff to make it better. Seems like the relocation bracket is a cheaper way instead of a better track bar
The taller RK kits come with both the bracket and a new track bar. If I remember correctly the 2.5" kit only comes with the bracket as the track bar/bracket combo is too long on the shorter lift. You can't go wrong with either kit.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The taller RK kits come with both the bracket and a new track bar. If I remember correctly the 2.5" kit only comes with the bracket as the track bar/bracket combo is too long on the shorter lift. You can't go wrong with either kit.
Thanks. I’m really thinking I should do the MC lift. I’ll probably buy there driveshaft. I’ve heard it’s really good and I’m only going to go to 37’s. I’ve never read anything bad on either, but it seems most people go with the MC over RK. It’s a lot of money and I’m just nervous. I could ask stupid questions all day. Just want to make sure when I buy and install the MC that I don’t need to do anything else. So, if I do the MC with driveshaft. Is there any little things I need to also do?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I’m really thinking I should do the MC lift. I’ll probably buy there driveshaft. I’ve heard it’s really good and I’m only going to go to 37’s. I’ve never read anything bad on either, but it seems most people go with the MC over RK. It’s a lot of money and I’m just nervous. I could ask stupid questions all day. Just want to make sure when I buy and install the MC that I don’t need to do anything else. So, if I do the MC with driveshaft. Is there any little things I need to also do?
I see you have a 19 2 door Rubicon, and you're wanting to go with 37's. Safe to assume, you're looking at the 3.5" lifts? Do you have the auto or manual trans?

The Rock Krawler X-series is just as reputable as the Metalcloak lifts. If you're leaning towards the latter, the Gamechanger is all inclusive and the True Dual Rate covers the immediate necessities at a lower initial cost, but can be completed down the road. Although, if you're looking to have a shop do the install, it might be better to only have to pay to get it on their lift once and have everything done and adjusted in one fell swoop.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you have a 19 2 door Rubicon, and you're wanting to go with 37's. Safe to assume, you're looking at the 3.5" lifts? Do you have the auto or manual trans?

The Rock Krawler X-series is just as reputable as the Metalcloak lifts. If you're leaning towards the latter, the Gamechanger is all inclusive and the True Dual Rate covers the immediate necessities at a lower initial cost, but can be completed down the road. Although, if you're looking to have a shop do the install, it might be better to only have to pay to get it on their lift once and have everything done and adjusted in one fell swoop.
My Jeeps an Unlimited. I plan on doing the Game Changer.
Sponsored