Riddle me this????

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I saw the Quadratec FULL system skid plate offer (like A to E I think), so, when I get my turtle skin on, does that weight get subtracted from the approximate 700 available? Point is, with 2 people, the dog and the skidplates, I'll be lucky to fit Gasoline, plus a rotopax or 2, weight wise...that doesn't include tools, tall jack, winch, bumper for said winch....How do you y'all work this mystery out? seriously baffled...
Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I saw the Quadratec FULL system skid plate offer (like A to E I think), so, when I get my turtle skin on, does that weight get subtracted from the approximate 700 available? Point is, with 2 people, the dog and the skidplates, I'll be lucky to fit Gasoline, plus a rotopax or 2, weight wise...that doesn't include tools, tall jack, winch, bumper for said winch....How do you y'all work this mystery out? seriously baffled...
Go to a truck scale and get the actual weight of your Jeep with a full tank of fuel. Take that number and subtract it from your Jeeps GVW. The number you end up with is the amount of weight you can add to your Jeep without exceeding the manufacturers recommendation.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Go to a truck scale and get the actual weight of your Jeep with a full tank of fuel. Take that number and subtract it from your Jeeps GVW. The number you end up with is the amount of weight you can add to your Jeep without exceeding the manufacturers recommendation.
Understood, for my sport s that number is right at 700 lbs.....I was within a few lbs of what specs say when I weighed it, 4,320 I believe....Either way, my (all of our) usable number without any mods is 250 lbs plus/minus 20lbs, so just wonder whose going on a diet, lol.... BTW, anyone know what the weight is for that Quadratec full system skidplate

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Understood, for my sport s that number is right at 700 lbs.....I was within a few lbs of what specs say when I weighed it, 4,320 I believe....Either way, my (all of our) usable number without any mods is 250 lbs plus/minus 20lbs, so just wonder whose going on a diet, lol.... BTW, anyone know what the weight is for that Quadratec full system skidplate
Did you actually weigh your Jeep? The reason I ask is because mine was quite a bit over the curb weight compared to what the owners manual claimed it should be.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
This is the dirty little secret of Jeep overlanding. Everyone winds up over the weight rating, even if they’re not going crazy with gear and mods. And the guys who do go crazy are way over. Seems to work out ok, though.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just go over the weight rating and put stiffer suspension on.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
This is the dirty little secret of Jeep overlanding. Everyone winds up over the weight rating, even if they’re not going crazy with gear and mods. And the guys who do go crazy are way over. Seems to work out ok, though.
thanks, the truth of that sentence is what had me wondering to begin with.
Sponsored