Reversing lines not showing

mal

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021, JK SPORT 2008
I know that quite a few people overseas have had an issue with the reversing lines not showing 100% of the time and I was wondering what the Australian experience has been. I have had my JL for about a month and my lines show maybe 25% of the time. There was mention elsewhere that a recent Uconnect update has fixed the problem.

So, does anyone else in Australia have this issue, and has anyone had it fixed?

thanks, Malcolm
Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I have had my aussie spec JLUR for coming up on 2 years now and the reverse lines have shown for me 100% of the time. Could be just an issue with newer models?

Reactions: mal

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Mines a 2021, delivered in April, reversing lines have also been there 100% of the time

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Mine is a 2019 model. Never any problem with the reversing lines.
I do recall reading about the issue, but I think in later models and yes, fixed with a firmware update. Probably need to consult your service dealer to have the update done.

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Mine’s a 2020 JLUR, had it for almost a year and 19,000km and have not yet had any problems with the reverse lines not showing.

Sponsored

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
I know that quite a few people overseas have had an issue with the reversing lines not showing 100% of the time and I was wondering what the Australian experience has been. I have had my JL for about a month and my lines show maybe 25% of the time. There was mention elsewhere that a recent Uconnect update has fixed the problem.

So, does anyone else in Australia have this issue, and has anyone had it fixed?

thanks, Malcolm

OP
OP

mal

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021, JK SPORT 2008
Thanks. Unfortunately, we don't get OTA updates for Uconnect in Australia. And as far as I know, the Uconnect versions deployed here by the dealer are slightly differnent to the US market. Hopefully there will be a local update soon.

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You can always try turning everything off and on again, ie. disconnect the battery or batteries entirely and see if a full reset helps.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Mine is 2 years old and never had a problem with the lines. I have seen other posts on this subject and I could not remember seeing the lines so I checked and they are there.

I think I don't use the lines.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
700AA425-836A-4DE0-8615-3B67607A3398.png

Sponsored

Star404

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
My 2021 JLU doesn’t show the lines from day one. Tried reset/restart uconnect but it still only shows occasionally. I’m not bothered though.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My 2021 JLU doesn’t show the lines from day one. Tried reset/restart uconnect but it still only shows occasionally. I’m not bothered though.
@Star404

A possible way to end that issue of intermittent lines...

When you start your JL, start it and wait say 15-20 seconds before put the JL in reverse.

Quite often it is seen if you do not let UConnect boot up fully that you will have no backup camera, or other b/u camera glitches like no lines, etc..

OP
OP

mal

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021, JK SPORT 2008
@Star404

A possible way to end that issue of intermittent lines...

When you start your JL, start it and wait say 15-20 seconds before put the JL in reverse.

Quite often it is seen if you do not let UConnect boot up fully that you will have no backup camera, or other b/u camera glitches like no lines, etc..

I have started using remote start and this seems to increase the chance of the lines showing. It doesn't guarantee them though. From what I have read, this is a software issue and the code needs to be fixed

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have started using remote start and this seems to increase the chance of the lines showing. It doesn't guarantee them though. From what I have read, this is a software issue and the code needs to be fixed
@msl
@mal

Allowing more time for UConnect to boot up and get it's act together so to speak does seem to make a difference in regard to this lines showing or not showing issue.

As quite a few others have noticed over the last 3+ years, when you use Remote Start or just wait say 15-20 seconds after starting the JL and before placing the JL is reverse, that this will greatly minimize seeing the hiccup or seeing it at all.

Sure the hiccup could probably be addressed by a software fix.. but the issue is still an issue even with 2021 JL's.

Sponsored