Vito92

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
I got stuck in a gravel parking lot last year in my MK7 GTI, granted o have a manual but the DSG is liable to overheat with slippage. All that said the wranglers have traction control that’ll brake the spinning wheel so a limited slip isn’t mandatory and you either have some skill or don’t run too demanding of trails or some combination of both that regardless of options you’ll fare well in 4 low.

Niceee how did you like the GTI? Miss cruising with my friends when I'd join em in my Golf did you have any mods on it?
Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Niceee how did you like the GTI? Miss cruising with my friends when I'd join em in my Golf did you have any mods on it?
It’s the best vehicle I’ve ever owned, took until 100k miles to need any work and that was just a heater core. So just an APR tune and an upgraded clutch. 305 horsepower and 371 ft lbs in a 2900 pound car is pretty peppy, honestly it is surprisingly quick.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Willys with the xr package gets you proper gearing, front and rear dana 44's, and 35's. If you want the ultimate off road capability for the cost there's no better option.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vito92

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
Go for the Willys

Go to Jeep website and download the brochure. Its always best to do your own research.
This is part of the research just getting other points of view before pulling the trigger Saturday

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Put in my order today for a high velocity willys kept thinking about yours and others on here appreciate yall☺
Isaiah,

I just missed being relevant on this thread, since you ordered the Willys. I have a lifted Sport S on 35's and live along the Colorado Front Range. There's a crap load of difficult to severe mountain trails here within an hours drive. I have yet had any problems.

All JL's have something called Brake Lock Differential (BLD). While certainly inferior to lockers or an LSD, it's way (way) better than pure open diffs. It applies the brake to just the slipping wheel (the one spinning faster than the other on the same axle). This allows torque to still be applied to the non-slipping wheel.

It's pretty remarkable on what any JL can do regardless of package.

Still, you made an excellent selection. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

One last point, invest in a sway bar quick disconnect. While the Sports (any trim) and Sahara's are quite capable stock, only the Rubi's have the factory provided sway bar disconnects. Disconnecting them when off-road really (dramatically) improves traction by allowing both front wheels to better stay on the ground with way more articulation.

The Willys still has an open-diff front axle. Keeping both wheels on the ground is very important, or you will be completely relying on your rear LSD. Why Jeep doesn't provide the sway bar disconnects on every JL Wrangler, blows my mind.

Regardless, have fun and enjoy your Willys.

Jay
Sponsored