BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Hey Guys,

Tried searching for the answer could not find it...

I ordered a JLU Sport S with LSD to have the Dana 44s on the rear. Also, with the intention to once, the warranty is over, have air lockers installed in the rear.

The question is... With the LSD on the rear axle... is it still possible to install rear air locker in the future? I should've asked this before, but just thought about it recently.

Thanks!
Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Yes, the RD245 Air Locker is a direct replacement for an m220 factory diff (LSD or open).

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Chances are good your LSD is going to fail long before your warranty is up. Getting the shop to warranty fix/replace it when it does is the problem. There's a lengthy thread about it in the issues sub-forum.

That's the good and the bad news. It's good because you can start saving for an ARB locker right away.

Sponsored

OP
OP
brsasquatch

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Chances are good your LSD is going to fail long before your warranty is up. Getting the shop to warranty fix/replace it when it does is the problem. There's a lengthy thread about it in the issues sub-forum.

That's the good and the bad news. It's good because you can start saving for an ARB locker right away.
Yeah, I kinda knew about the LSD failing right close to the warranty termination.

My Jeep Piggy Bank has a special area for the air lockers since I planned my build.

It just came across recently that because of the LSD, it might not be compatible with the air lockers! So good to hear it is!

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yeah, I kinda knew about the LSD failing right close to the warranty termination.

My Jeep Piggy Bank has a special area for the air lockers since I planned my build.

It just came across recently that because of the LSD, it might not be compatible with the air lockers! So good to hear it is!
I have a Sport with the LSD and went the rounds with the dealer to get it fixed. I finally decided to fix it myself and put new gears/bearings/locker in myself. In my driveway. The ARB locker will go in just fine. It replaces the Sport's LSD carrier.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I have a Sport with the LSD and went the rounds with the dealer to get it fixed. I finally decided to fix it myself and put new gears/bearings/locker in myself. In my driveway. The ARB locker will go in just fine. It replaces the Sport's LSD carrier.
Is there an alternative to this? Like maybe an Eaton Detroit Truetrac? I can't find one that looks like it fits. What about an ARB that has a manual lock? I'm just thinking down the road and what I'd replace my LSD with? Was trying to keep the expense/complexity down and not have to deal with adding an air compressor.

Any advice? Thanks!
Sponsored