First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
:jk: I have a 2012 Rubicon and never a problem. This is my 3rd Rubicon and no problems. My question is about the steering problems that are being experienced by the owners of the new JL. Is there a company that sells a steering box and affiliated items that go along with it ie; stabilizer bar. I realize that on a new vehicle of any make, should not have to do this.. I believe this falls under faulty product manufacturing and engineering. some of the forum members are more knowledgeable than the factory. IMHO. There are a lot more knowledgeable individuals out there and I think it has a lot to do with Geometry.
Sponsored

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t had any steering issues with my JLUR in the 16k miles on it so far, except that I feel there is a little too much play in the steering wheel. That being said, I’m about to put a 2.5” Teraflex lift on, and I will be replacing the Track Bar, Drag Link, and Tie Rod with the Steer Smarts Yeti products. I’m wanting to nip things in the butt that typically come with a lift.
Mopar is releasing an updated track bar that is supposed to be stronger and have stronger bushings, but they will be peanuts compared to the Steer Smarts. I have not looked into a steering box though.