Sponsored

Replacement for Turtle Wax Ice?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I guess I’m from the old school. I don’t know if I can get use to spraying on my wax. Definitely use to rubbing it on.
@dshark1

The original / first offering ICE Wax, years ago, I laughed at and would never ever consider using on any vehicle I owned.... no way....

Well, a few years back I tried newer ICE Wax offerings and they won me over... TERRIFIC to use on the Wrangler hardtop, plastic flares and on any and all exterior black plastics on the Wrangler...

You could NOT use most paste waxes on the aforementioned.... chalky residue, streaking, spotting and more....

Ice Wax (below) goes on easy easy and looks great. Holds up pretty well to and not expensive..

As for the body of the Wrangler... Yes, I hand wax with a paste..... but do in between those waxing's, use Ice Wax as a say.... detail spray of sorts.... Works great.... even can do the windows with it and even the friggin fender liners..

Either one I use.. Both very good.. Black bottle takes a bit more polishing when applying.
Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement for Turtle Wax Ice? 61UXbmJetWL._AC_SL1000_
Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement for Turtle Wax Ice? 61GVecjm4cL._AC_SL1500_
Sponsored

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely not bad stuff. Can’t say it’s the best I’ve ever used,But pretty good for easy… I never actually used it on the plastics deliberately, Any plus in that?
With the plastics being a rougher texture I’d say the benefits are minimal, but I think it does help to keep the water beading off of it to avoid getting water spots. Same concept as on the paint, just less noticeable. My main product for the black plastic is 303 Speed Detailer (or 303 Aerospace Protectant). It has the UV protectant in it to help prevent sun fading supposedly. If you haven’t used it, I’d definitely recommend getting a bottle.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
@dshark1

The original / first offering ICE Wax, years ago, I laughed at and would never ever consider using on any vehicle I owned.... no way....

Well, a few years back I tried newer ICE Wax offerings and they won me over... TERRIFIC to use on the Wrangler hardtop, plastic flares and on any and all exterior black plastics on the Wrangler...

You could NOT use most paste waxes on the aforementioned.... chalky residue, streaking, spotting and more....

Ice Wax (below) goes on easy easy and looks great. Holds up pretty well to and not expensive..

As for the body of the Wrangler... Yes, I hand wax with a paste..... but do in between those waxing's, use Ice Wax as a say.... detail spray of sorts.... Works great.... even can do the windows with it and even the friggin fender liners..

Either one I use.. Both very good.. Black bottle takes a bit more polishing when applying.
Thanks a lot for the tip, highly appreciate it amigo! As for the body paint. what are you using for wax? Out of curiosity.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I have a coat of the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic on my 2018 JL Rubicon...even coated the fender flares. No discolorations or issues putting it on anything. Water beads pretty good. So far, I am happy with it. I have used F11 in the past but it was more expensive than I thought it protected.

1630439846537.png

Roxy_New_Shoes.jpg
Ive been using this stuff. it is good. I get compliments on how the paint looks on my cars all the times. And this is it. lol. I do apply it at least once a month if not twice. It isnt like real ceramic, so I dont bother with all the prep in the instructions, as I dont think this would last. I just wash my cars and apply this stuff. Creates a good barrier for dirt.

Sponsored

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
Can't speak to waxes but Avalon King IX is a great DIY ceramic. You will have to strip all the waxes you used off and do any paint correction, but the results are worth it.

Goes on like Rainx, and you put that sh#t on everything. 🙂

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks a lot for the tip, highly appreciate it amigo! As for the body paint. what are you using for wax? Out of curiosity.
@dshark1

Nothing fancy..... Been using tihs for a longtime. Goes on easy and holds up well.. Keep off of black plastics... Carnuba
Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement for Turtle Wax Ice? 123

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Last edited:

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Old school is Simonize by Johnson Wax in the yellow can...lolll

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I used Mothers CMX a couple years ago on my JL. Held up for about a year, thru all the Costco drive thru car washes. Very easy to use; spray on, wipe around, let it haze, buff off. I did the whole JLUR in very short order.

I'm in the process of doing a paint correction on my 14 GMC Crewcab and applying Avalon King Armor IX ceramic. It's pretty easy to use the actual ceramic coating, but the paint correction for 7 years of neglect and brush pinstriping is taking a monumental effort. I used a chemical iron remover, followed by a DA "clay" pad, then corrected the paint. The deep scratches on the side required wet sanding with 2500 grit. I've been working on it off and on. The topper, roof, hood and two front fenders are completed...nothing left but another 1000 square feet. LOL All of it will require wet sanding the scratches and the hours of polishing. I put that $#!T on everything.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Name says it all!
Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement for Turtle Wax Ice? Screenshot_20210922-022951_Google

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
OP
OP
omnitonic

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
This was my question too...can anyone confirm this? Looks to me like it's still available? Love ICE, if it's going away, I'm buying a case today...
It looks like they're still making the spray wax, at least for now. I used to use the liquid wax. I had been ordering it from Amazon, because all local stores stopped carrying it a long time ago. Now it's no longer available on Amazon.

I ended up buying a bottle of their new "ceramic" stuff. I haven't tried it yet.