remove security module bypass before service

Florida Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited rubicon 4door
My 2018 JLUR is going in for warranty service and I have a security bypass module installed so I can use the obd port. My engine is running rough and the infotaniment system has to be replaced. Should I remove the module and am I effecting the warranty and their ability to use obd port? Also, I just came back from 2 months of offroading in Co. and Moab and the engine compartment is full of dust. Can I use my pressure carefully to clean it? Thanks Bob
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yes, 100% take out the module. The dealer will bend you over for it. I don't have any input on the pressure washer vs engine bay.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
My 2018 JLUR is going in for warranty service and I have a security bypass module installed so I can use the obd port. My engine is running rough and the infotaniment system has to be replaced. Should I remove the module and am I effecting the warranty and their ability to use obd port? Also, I just came back from 2 months of offroading in Co. and Moab and the engine compartment is full of dust. Can I use my pressure carefully to clean it? Thanks Bob
I'd take it out just to avoid any drama. I pressure wash my engine bay about once a month, just take it easy.

OP
OP

Florida Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited rubicon 4door
I'd take it out just to avoid any drama. I pressure wash my engine bay about once a month, just take it easy.
Thanks for the replies. I had to find the video to figure out how to take it back out, pretty tough area to access. I'll take it easy with the pressure washer also. Bob
Sponsored