Security module override

Florida Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited rubicon 4door
I need to connect an ECRI security module override on my 2018 JLUR. The module is above and forward of the OBD port and in a very tight spot. There is a metal brace running from the center console over to the drivers side door area. I can touch the two harnesses I need to remove but there's not enough room to actually remove them. Do I need to remove the brace, which has a number of other things attached to it, or is there an easier why to get them disconnected?
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I need to connect an ECRI security module override on my 2018 JLUR. The module is above and forward of the OBD port and in a very tight spot. There is a metal brace running from the center console over to the drivers side door area. I can touch the two harnesses I need to remove but there's not enough room to actually remove them. Do I need to remove the brace, which has a number of other things attached to it, or is there an easier why to get them disconnected?
The two cables / connectors can be released by pinching the tab on the connector like most other connectors on the JLU. It's tight but can be done. If you search for a 12 +8 sgm bypass cable you'll find many posts on this.