First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I pulled all my carpet our on my JLU in about 10 minutes... very easy and cant really hurt anything. Putting it back in was easy as well as it lines up with the clips mounted on the floor basically.

I had to remove it when I got cought in a downpour and had a few inches of water in the bottom hah. Took them out to try it off to make sure no mildew would grow. Everything was fine and no problems.
Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I pulled all my carpet our on my JLU in about 10 minutes... very easy and cant really hurt anything. Putting it back in was easy as well as it lines up with the clips mounted on the floor basically.

I had to remove it when I got cought in a downpour and had a few inches of water in the bottom hah. Took them out to try it off to make sure no mildew would grow. Everything was fine and no problems.
I did the same about two years ago and then decided not to put them back in. Being able to just hose out the interior has been rather nice.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Pulled mine before a beach trip it took less than 10 min or less. I did not put back in and will have nice clean carpet when go to sell one day. Been out 2.5 years now no plan to put back in. I love the Armorlite setup but $$ it does looks great. I have mopar all weather mats and does a good job. You see a little bit of paint but it a jeep and get to hose it out. I did not notice any extra road noise. Not hotter or colder the JL has an awesome heater/AC

Last edited:

Mr. Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Did you remove any bolts or trim in that 10min or did you just start pulling/ripping it out?

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you remove any bolts or trim in that 10min or did you just start pulling/ripping it out?
I pulled mine without removing bolts or trim.

It’s pre-slit around the rear seat mounts. Kinda like the drain plug openings in the front.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Has anyone removed their carpet yet? What is underneath?

Thanks
i pulled mine out and sure enough, wood floors underneath! cant believe anyone would carpet over that! mine is an older JL, 2018, so ymmv.

Goze211

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
I took mine out a couple weeks ago because I was hoping to do some water crossings and I thought it would be easier to put in my Misch 4x4 Big Boy seat extender.

A couple things; while the floor pan is painted it’s not the beautiful, several layers, and clear coated finish of the Jeep proper. Kind of dull.

Also there are wires all over under the seats that will be exposed.

in the fall I’ll hose the heck out of the carpet, let it dry, then put it back in.

0F531494-F995-40ED-9AAF-346D0B892E62.jpeg

36970515-5F74-486E-A87D-029DFE0BC252.jpeg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I pulled my carpet, cleaned it, and put it back in after an unfortunate "water" (more like mud hole) crossing.

It was very easy. I did find that it was easier if I unbolted the rear bolts on the front seats and pulled the carpet out from under them.

It was pretty bad when I pulled it out but now it is like new.
Sponsored