Dashboard Inserts Removable?

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I know the color combination of model/seat color to which dashboard has been discussed in length.

My Rubicon will be coming with red dashboard. Any word on if that part of the dashboard will be easily removable so I can either paint or replace it?
Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Still no word.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I can tell you the one on the passenger side covers the Airbag. All of these pieces are going to be removeable. How easy that is, yet to be seen. Let alone availability if you want to order them.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Let's hope they actually separated a lot of these pieces when they designed them. The refreshed JK dash's center face and left outer cluster housing being an entire piece was straight up lazy.

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
I asked my dealer if they can swap the rubi dash to a sahara and they said its complicated because of airbags and all electric components but i knew it was a no, just to see what they say.. atleast he tried asking his GM. Ill be getting a mettalic black 3M wrap and putting it on the first day i get it.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I asked my dealer if they can swap the rubi dash to a sahara and they said its complicated because of airbags and all electric components but i knew it was a no, just to see what they say.. atleast he tried asking his GM. Ill be getting a mettalic black 3M wrap and putting it on the first day i get it.
Dealers don't know shit. Lol

Reactions: Gus

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Bright side: It’s another area where the aftermarket will likely step in to offer different choices.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
The one thing that confuses me about the dash.... Well first off, if I'm being honest, I love the metal plated red insert, however I think it needs to be relevant to the vehicles exterior color. Example, I ordered a Granite Chrystal Rubi with black leather. The leather has red stitching the Rubi decals are red, the Willie's jeeps on the wheels are red, etc. And I believe that the dark grey and red go together. But if you got a white JL with black leather, would the red be odd? . As far as I know the only current determining factor with dash accent in Rubicon trim is: black leather gets red dash, tan leather get silver dash. At the JL unveiling the Jeep was Hella Yellow with black leather and red dash. That left several people wondering......... ( I'm not even sure if that dash is an option on Sahara trim) . Just my 2¢

Reactions: Gus

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
The one thing that confuses me about the dash.... Well first off, if I'm being honest, I love the metal plated red insert, however I think it needs to be relevant to the vehicles exterior color. Example, I ordered a Granite Chrystal Rubi with black leather. The leather has red stitching the Rubi decals are red, the Willie's jeeps on the wheels are red, etc. And I believe that the dark grey and red go together. But if you got a white JL with black leather, would the red be odd? . As far as I know the only current determining factor with dash accent in Rubicon trim is: black leather gets red dash, tan leather get silver dash. At the JL unveiling the Jeep was Hella Yellow with black leather and red dash. That left several people wondering......... ( I'm not even sure if that dash is an option on Sahara trim) . Just my 2¢
I think white black and red goes good .. its what i ordered but imagine mojito .. but still i feel like its too colorfull .
Sponsored