thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does the aftermarket remote start work with doors off. The factory does not fyi.
Sponsored

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
Just ordered one as well

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install done. Works as advertised. The 10 minute install is pure BS. Granted if my computer wasn’t a piece of shit it wouldn’t have been as bad. Some things missing from the install video but the guy on the phone was great. Ive used it many times over the last few days and it fires up every single time. So far, well worth the money. However, I think its sold out on Amazon now
I tried installing it last night with no luck. I followed the video and got everything connected, but when it came to the programming part my module would not light up. It is supposed to blink green once after you close and open the door and press the unlock button on the key. It is not lighting up even after I put the car in the "Run" position. Only time it blinked green was when I first connected it. I spent about 2 hours installing everything and trying to figure out how to program it. I gave up, took everything out, and emailed the company for help. I think that something is wrong with my module. Or am I missing a step?

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
I tried installing it last night with no luck. I followed the video and got everything connected, but when it came to the programming part my module would not light up. It is supposed to blink green once after you close and open the door and press the unlock button on the key. It is not lighting up even after I put the car in the "Run" position. Only time it blinked green was when I first connected it. I spent about 2 hours installing everything and trying to figure out how to program it. I gave up, took everything out, and emailed the company for help. I think that something is wrong with my module. Or am I missing a step?
Man I have no clue. I didn't have an issue with that part at all. I would suggest calling the support number. The guy I talked to was great. Hopefully they could walk you through it.

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man I have no clue. I didn't have an issue with that part at all. I would suggest calling the support number. The guy I talked to was great. Hopefully they could walk you through it.
They ended up sending me a new module and harness yesterday and I already received it today. Installed everything and the programming worked this time with no hiccups. So far remote started it about 3 timed and it worked fine every time. Very happy with it now!

Sponsored

sticker500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
For those that have installed this, do you know if the climate controls come on and the seat heaters activate when the temp drops like the factory remote start does?

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
For those that have installed this, do you know if the climate controls come on and the seat heaters activate when the temp drops like the factory remote start does?
I have the Amazon Start-X kit installed on my 2020 JT that did not come with remote start or seat heaters (also installed aftermarket seat heaters). The Start-X does work differently than the OEM remote start.

The best I can described is the Start-X works like a person is sitting inside their Jeep then use the remote to lock the doors and push on the brake then use the start push button to startup. When you unlock the door after using Start-X you can just put the Jeep in gear and go, where the OEM remote start requires you to push on the brake and push the start button after entry to completely activate the Jeep. So I assuming the Start-X will use the climate control settings of when the Jeep was last shut off, not sure about OEM seat heaters.

Start-X will not start up the Jeep if either a door(s) and/or the hood are open (this is good), it will startup if just a window is down. I have not checked the characteristics of starting the Jeep with the window down, reaching through the open window to open the door with the remote not on me, I think the alarm may go off (?). I will try this soon.

The OEM remote start will not start the Jeep if low on fuel, I think Start-X would.

The OEM remote start will shut down after 10 minutes, I am assuming Start-X would run until you shut the Jeep down or run out of fuel.

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
I have the Amazon Start-X kit installed on my 2020 JT that did not come with remote start or seat heaters (also installed aftermarket seat heaters). The Start-X does work differently than the OEM remote start.

The best I can described is the Start-X works like a person is sitting inside their Jeep then use the remote to lock the doors and push on the brake then use the start push button to startup. When you unlock the door after using Start-X you can just put the Jeep in gear and go, where the OEM remote start requires you to push on the brake and push the start button after entry to completely activate the Jeep. So I assuming the Start-X will use the climate control settings of when the Jeep was last shut off, not sure about OEM seat heaters.

Start-X will not start up the Jeep if either a door(s) and/or the hood are open (this is good), it will startup if just a window is down. I have not checked the characteristics of starting the Jeep with the window down, reaching through the open window to open the door with the remote not on me, I think the alarm may go off (?). I will try this soon.

The OEM remote start will not start the Jeep if low on fuel, I think Start-X would.

The OEM remote start will shut down after 10 minutes, I am assuming Start-X would run until you shut the Jeep down or run out of fuel.
Mine shuts off after 10 minutes

Sponsored

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I bought mine about two months ago and was waiting for the weather to cool down before doing the install. Then, when I was ready to install it, I couldn't find it LOL I finally found it and did the install this morning. Everything went well and it works as advertised. Range is the same as your remote unlock as this doesn't include any extra antennas.
It starts the Jeep with any or all the windows down, but if someone opens the door w/o unlocking the Jeep with the remote, the engine shots off, which is a cool safety feature if any one breaks in while the Jeep has been started by the remote starter.
My only recommendation would be to watch the whole video and create the online account before doing the install.
Also, when I bought it I didn't know you could buy the mopar kit, if I did I may have gone with the mopar, not because this one doesn't work, but just to use oem parts

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
You might look at Fortin's EVO-ONE ($93 on Amazon) with a THAR-CHR6 ($30) harness and Flashlink4 coder ($46). I installed the same but a different required harness for the spouse's Mazda today. It's plug-n-play and uses OEM remote (default start or stop - press lock 3x), doesn't shutoff the engine when you open the door and the coder has a lot of options you can set.

She was jealous of the Wrangler having remote start and this was an inexpensive upgrade.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You might look at Fortin's EVO-ONE ($93 on Amazon) with a THAR-CHR6 ($30) harness and Flashlink4 coder ($46). I installed the same but a different required harness for the spouse's Mazda today. It's plug-n-play and uses OEM remote (default start or stop - press lock 3x), doesn't shutoff the engine when you open the door and the coder has a lot of options you can set.

She was jealous of the Wrangler having remote start and this was an inexpensive upgrade.
What mazda does your wife have?
I'm looking to add remote start to my wife's 2018 CX-5 and my daughter's 2014 mazda 6.
Thx!

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
They ended up sending me a new module and harness yesterday and I already received it today. Installed everything and the programming worked this time with no hiccups. So far remote started it about 3 timed and it worked fine every time. Very happy with it now!
Do you have a manual or auto trans.?
Sponsored