JerseyJeepGirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
All:

Unfortunately my 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL did not have a remote start on it when I purchased it. It has an automatic transmission. My question is should I have the Mopar factory remote start installed or look at an aftermarket alternatives. Thought I also may have read somewhere that the Mopar factory remote start also turn either the AC or heat on when the vehicle is started.

Looks for comments on advantages & disadvantages of the Mopar factory remote start vs. aftermarket solutions.

Appreciate your comments.

Michelle
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Personally I would go for a Mopar and have the dealer install it to protect your warranty. The last thing you want is for FCA to have a excuse to deny a warranty claim later. A qualified aftermarket installer might not do any damage but I would not want to risk it after seeing what can happen first hand. I know someone who took their brand new car to what is know as the best automobile electronic shop in the area. They had the best installers do the work and they still made a mistake. They accidentally nicked a wire during the instal. That mistake cost $18,000 to correct and the car manufacture declined warranty due to the aftermarket stereo. The shop's insurance covered the damage and paid to repair the car but it was a warranty nightmare. The owner had to make demands for diminished value because the repair affected the resale.

Last edited: