Sponsored

Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Anyone else a little salty about not being able to order it day one? Not anything I can do. My JL rolled through the line yesterday.

Would have been nice considering the key fob is so big.
Sponsored

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Anyone else a little salty about not being able to order it day one? Not anything I can do. My JL rolled through the line yesterday.

Thats why i waited (very hard to do) and made sure i get everything secured .. we are all probably gonna get deliveries at around the same month anyways i think ..

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

I was peved until I saw the price. Now I'm glad I saved the 500 bucks. I've never had it before, so I won't miss it. It would have been nice, though. I'll put the 500 bucks toward 35's.

OP
OP

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I couldn't wait. I have been accused of impatience in the past...

If I get a wild hair and order the diesel down the line, I will add it. I can live without it for now.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure why they couldn't add it. It is all electronic, so I'm guessing it can simply be programmed. The question for me, if the dealer finds out it can be added, is would I drop 500 bucks on it? Not sure I would.

Sponsored

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
I'm not sure why they couldn't add it. It is all electronic, so I'm guessing it can simply be programmed. The question for me, if the dealer finds out it can be added, is would I drop 500 bucks on it? Not sure I would.
So the handles wouldnt have that button

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
maybe it is just a sensor, but it sure looks like a button
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 12.08.03 PM.png

Reactions: Moe

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
maybe it is just a sensor, but it sure looks like a button
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 12.08.03 PM.png
I currently have a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited model that has the proximity feature. On the RAV4, the button the the door handle locks all the doors when you press it. To unlock the doors, without taking the key out of your pocket, all you need to do is put your hand behind the door handle and it automatically unlocks the door for you. You have to be sure when locking the door by pressing the button on the door handle to not place your hand behind the door handle, otherwise you may unlock the door when you are trying to lock them. Not sure if the jeep proximity feature will work the same, but it might.

Moe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
Retired X 2 = 23 years USAF + 23 years IT
I currently have a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited model that has the proximity feature. On the RAV4, the button the the door handle locks all the doors when you press it. To unlock the doors, without taking the key out of your pocket, all you need to do is put your hand behind the door handle and it automatically unlocks the door for you. You have to be sure when locking the door by pressing the button on the door handle to not place your hand behind the door handle, otherwise you may unlock the door when you are trying to lock them. Not sure if the jeep proximity feature will work the same, but it might.
Just like the one that came standard on my sub-$20,000 2015 Honda Fit EX. I love it.

Jeep is committing highway robbery for charging anything for it, much less as much as they are.

Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
I never lock my jeep anyway. No sense in locking it when it either has a soft top or is topless. Now if someone had proximity unlocking for an aftermarket locked storage for the jeep, then ??

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I don't lock it with the soft top or topless, either. But, I've got the hard top on all winter long, so it gets locked then.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
I went back and modified my order to get it. Agreed it should have been included but after having it in several of our previous cars I really like having that convenience.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Typically this is an option, but having it on other vehicles, very convenient and definitely getting it.

I went back and modified my order to get it. Agreed it should have been included but after having it in several of our previous cars I really like having that convenience.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I will get a long range remote start put on our jeep when it comes in and for another $70 they will add the proximity feature to it.
Sponsored