Sponsored

Ordering Proximity Keyless Entry

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I've seen all kinds of odd options on dealer inventory that the catalog says shouldn't happen (shrug).

At any rate, I just got done installing proximity locks on the wifes sport altitude last weekend. It's super easy, do it yourself. Parts are a little over 400 for both fronts and the swing gate, and the J Scan license is $23. Save yourself about $3500 (unless you want those half doors..).
I did not realize someone figured out how to add Proximity Locks? Last I read some members were having a hard time trying to figure out how to do it? You have a link to any threads on installing them?
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The recent order guides don't allow the remote proximity locks on any of the sport model variations without the half doors.

At the beginning of the year none of sport models could have the remote proximity locks, when the 80th was released that model was the only one of the sport variations. Then the half door were introduced and you could get it with only the half doors, then in March they allowed it for all models except the Sport and Willy's Sport. It was short lived, one month later, it was removed from all sport variation including the 80th unless half doors were ordered.

Ultimately, it comes down to what your dealer allow them to enter and when Stellanis accepts that order.
I tried to build a Willys and it would not ley me add Proximity Locks without the Dual Door Package. I thought it was a fluke on the website? Guess not. Not this month anyway. Hopefully Proximity is available next month for the Willys. Or for the 2022s.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I tried to build a Willys and it would not ley me add Proximity Locks without the Dual Door Package. I thought it was a fluke on the website? Guess not. Not this month anyway. Hopefully Proximity is available next month for the Willys. Or for the 2022s.
I could not get the proximity locks (without the 4k door package) or Sun and Sound package, which is the only way to get the sky 1 touch roof on Willys order mid May which I thought was ridiculous.

They brought back the V6 w/o E-torque with the 8 speed in June so maybe they'll bring proximity locks to sport models.
At least I hope so for when I order another one:fingerscrossed:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could not get the proximity locks (without the 4k door package) or Sun and Sound package, which is the only way to get the sky 1 touch roof on Willys order mid May which I thought was ridiculous.

They brought back the V6 w/o E-torque with the 8 speed in June so maybe they'll bring proximity locks to sport models.
At least I hope so for when I order another one:fingerscrossed:
Proximity locks are on most other cars today. Even much less expensive cars. I have them on my other cars and can't see going backwards with FOB activated locks again. I really want the proximity locks again. Hopefully they are available as a stand alone option next month or when the 2022 is out.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
.... I swear Jeep does this on purpose just to extract as much money as humanly possible from each buyer.
They do Bryan. You're not imagining things. In fairness it's not just Jeep (Stellantis) and it is, like it or not, what executives are suppose to do for company stakeholders: maximize profit.

Customer loyalty is, while important, nothing more than a means to the loftier goal of maximizing profit.

Pricing is about figuring out that point where too many customers become disenfranchised at the profit you've made, and backing off a couple of cents from there. ;)

Fortunately, we the consumer have tools like knowledge provided by forums like these, whether that's how to do the proximity locks yourself, or letting Stellantis know that they made a pricing goof, etc.
Sponsored