Reid Racing Steering knuckles

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm debating on ordering a set. I'm going to be doing gears shortly. Planning on upgrading the ball joints while it's apart and half tempted to do the knuckles too. I'm not showing signs of ball joint wear but I'm on 37s. I have all Steer smart components up front, the new steering box, and 6.8 caster but it still doesn't feel right driving down the highway.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm debating on ordering a set. I'm going to be doing gears shortly. Planning on upgrading the ball joints while it's apart and half tempted to do the knuckles too. I'm not showing signs of ball joint wear but I'm on 37s. I have all Steer smart components up front, the new steering box, and 6.8 caster but it still doesn't feel right driving down the highway.
Since its apart i would, then you dont have to worry or wish you did...the rabbit hole welcomes all

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Since its apart i would, then you dont have to worry or wish you did...the rabbit hole welcomes all
Jeep Wrangler JL Reid Racing Steering knuckles tumblr_5da94ddcb444d5734c9bedfc4762b6ab_103efefa_500

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
That’s right brother, while there is the right mentality....

Sponsored

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Should have known better than sharing my thoughts on here. This site costs me so much money. Surprised my wife hasn't figured out how to block it. Haha

On a serious note, for those who have installed theirs, how are you liking them after some time with them? Any dramatic improvements?

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Should have known better than sharing my thoughts on here. This site costs me so much money. Surprised my wife hasn't figured out how to block it. Haha

On a serious note, for those who have installed theirs, how are you liking them after some time with them? Any dramatic improvements?
They help a lot in my opinion, really solidify everything. I dunno if youd notice as much with the shit factory ball joints, but they are so worth it

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

My steering is rock solid, so no improvement there , but the front end feels more planted and tighter. You definitely will notice a difference.
Now here’s some advise for when you receive them.

1- Don’t open the box and pull them out if you’re standing on a tile floor
2- don’t set them on your fender in the garage.
3- be sure to wear steel toe boots when handling them..........:)

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
My steering is rock solid, so no improvement there , but the front end feels more planted and tighter. You definitely will notice a difference.
Now here’s some advise for when you receive them.

1- Don’t open the box and pull them out if you’re standing on a tile floor
2- don’t set them on your fender in the garage.
3- be sure to wear steel toe boots when handling them..........:)
OUCH :surprised:

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Did you get the Currie uca joints? You know while there
I'm not taking the upper control arms off to do the gears. Maybe if I decide to adjust my caster again I'll go for it. I mean I'll already be messing with them.

Yes........ those are definitely a must have.....you have to get them, all the cool kids are doing it..... 🤣
Might as well drop the hemi in too, ya know, while youre kinda almost there
At this point I might as well just go to 1 tons. That would get me new knuckles, ball joints, gears and brakes. But then I'd have to buy new wheels. Not sure if I want to do that yet. Ha

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not taking the upper control arms off to do the gears. Maybe if I decide to adjust my caster again I'll go for it. I mean I'll already be messing with them.

At this point I might as well just go to 1 tons. That would get me new knuckles, ball joints, gears and brakes. But then I'd have to buy new wheels. Not sure if I want to do that yet. Ha
Its only money, money is paper, paper grows on trees. Problem solved, plant a few trees buy one tons
Sponsored