Sponsored

Red 4xe w/blue badging?

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Currently have a red rubi and if getting the 4xe I'd like to get same color, but something about red with blue trim pieces seems off-putting to me.

Anyone else feel the same?
Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Haha yes I’m wondering the same thing. I’m looking at that 2021 colors thread and wondering which ones would actually work with the 4xe accent color.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
Haha yes I’m wondering the same thing. I’m looking at that 2021 colors thread and wondering which ones would actually work with the 4xe accent color.

We wanted a yellow one but im also concerned with the blue on yellow. Will see what they do as im sure they have thought of this too.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
I think the "electric blue" accents on both reds or yellow will be ok. Any of the greys (black through white) will be fine. Sarge Green, not so much.

I was considering the hydro blue, but think it may clash...I may need to go white.

Are the metallic paints harder to touch up vs the solid colors?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
I think the "electric blue" accents on both reds or yellow will be ok. Any of the greys (black through white) will be fine. Sarge Green, not so much.

I was considering the hydro blue, but think it may clash...I may need to go white.

I don't tend to like grey cars, but seeing the grey w/blue in the promos did look nice

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
They will probably restrict the colors on it so the blue will match, think boring grays, of course you could debadge, maybe be a smart ass and put Hemi badges under the charging port, that would have all the greenies scratching their heads as they walk by, see the charging port and a Hemi decal and to top off put one of those "not a hybrid 11 mpg decals under the Hemi LOL

OP
OP

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06

Sarge green is likely my next choice in general, but like you said, with blue accents that hurts it as well

Sponsored

JL plug

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I love the red, wouldn’t trade it for any other. Just have to get around to repainting the tow hooks to match the blue in the badges.
Jeep Wrangler JL Red 4xe w/blue badging? 01B9AE78-6F15-4939-88D9-FF6C84756A91
Jeep Wrangler JL Red 4xe w/blue badging? 01B9AE78-6F15-4939-88D9-FF6C84756A91
If you want to get rid of the blue, we can trade. I'm looking for the blue ones.

woody8476

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU (Sold), 2021 Rubicon 4xe
If you want to get rid of the blue, we can trade. I'm looking for the blue ones.
To clarify, I like the blue accents with the red. Also got blue plate frames from weathertech that match pretty well. Jeep, in their infinite wisdom, made the tow hooks a different shade of blue than all the badges though, so I want to repaint them to the proper blue

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
I agree the blue clashes with multiple colors in the lineup. Wish jeep would give some choices when it comes to the accent color theme when ordering from factory. I dont like the huge decal on the hood either. Im considering a rubi 4xe order next year and would like red. Already thinking of a plan to remove that decal, paint or plastidip the hooks and swap to normal rubi decals. 4xe stealth if you will. Just dont want to deal with returning all those 4xe accents when time to sell.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
To clarify, I like the blue accents with the red. Also got blue plate frames from weathertech that match pretty well. Jeep, in their infinite wisdom, made the tow hooks a different shade of blue than all the badges though, so I want to repaint them to the proper blue
I'm with @woody8476 on this. I actually LIKE the blue accents (look at the Rubicon script below) and it looks great against the red, with the exception of the tow hooks. Why did they not use that metallic (electric?) blue that they have on the badges. You should do a separate thread when you figure out which colour you are going to use on those hooks. I'd be interested in that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Red 4xe w/blue badging? Rubicon
Sponsored