Sponsored

Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details?

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Got my update this afternoon. No noticeable changes. Off road pages still there. Everything worked fine afterwards, but was working great before too so nothing really to compare with.
That was my experience too...
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I got a notice just as I was going into a PT session. I accepted it and an hour later came out and it had lost all my presets on the radio. ORP was a no-go. Several other functions were not available. Drove home and parked it. Let it set a couple hours. Still no ORP and other functions.

I did note that there are display themes that seem new (to me). There are about 15 display themes now. Is that new?

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I'm currently 3000+ miles from my Jeep for a few weeks - using the U-connect remote start app on my phone to get it up and running every few days to keep the batteries charged. Hoping this doesn't mess anything up :fingerscrossed: Since I cannot accept the update...

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm currently 3000+ miles from my Jeep for a few weeks - using the U-connect remote start app on my phone to get it up and running every few days to keep the batteries charged. Hoping this doesn't mess anything up :fingerscrossed: Since I cannot accept the update...
@McGilli

And you really think, that remote starting the JL and leaving it running say 15 min. a day is going to top off your batteries(2) ..... keep your batteries from depleting........

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing I lost was my Sirius Radio presets. Everything else seems fine.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just checked this morning. "Assist", "Notifications", ORP are all back. Just needed time.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I just completed mine about 1 hr ago, but in my haste, I clicked cancel instead of "see what's in the update". Anyone know what's new? Or should I say anyone who is smarter than me, that clicked the button to see what is in the update???
. I clicked on it but it doesn’t tell you anything..its like why have that there and not have anything to show about the update..geezzzz

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I haven’t received the update on my 2021 JLUR yet. Are there others who haven’t?

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
. I clicked on it but it doesn’t tell you anything..its like why have that there and not have anything to show about the update..geezzzz
That's what I heard, which is ridiculous. I wish Uconnect would take lessons from Iphone and go over the changes. Too much to ask....

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The changes depend on what version you're coming from. The radios in the '18 and some early '19s have only had a single update that added ORP after Jeep failed its launch miserably. That took you to 21.10 and most Wrangler's running that version haven't seen an update since.

28.30 came in later '19 and '20 models that included a bunch of bug fixes and other tweaks, such as combining Radio and Media sources into a single Media shortcut, adding Source Select and allowing favorites to be dragged to the source list, minor fixes to the navigation, moving what was playing from the side of the small map view to underneath it, fixing Random being turned off after using voice command for music files, and slight changes to the climate control UI.

30.24 and later versions are compatible with the Wrangler, but weren't released specifically for them. I'm not sure what changes those entail, but they probably added compatibility for new features that were available for the Gladiator. As mentioned in other posts, SiriusXM options also appear to be a focus here.

(These version numbers only apply to the US. Canadian radios are slightly different.)

That being said, if us early '18 Wranglers are finally getting another update, take a pic of the version you're running. Either we're upgrading to 28.30 (which is already pretty old) or a more recent version that'll include the above changes and more.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I haven’t received the update on my 2021 JLUR yet. Are there others who haven’t?
You probably won't. I bet you've got the latest version for the Wrangler right now. These updates are most likely for older models to catch up to what you're already running.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I updated today... I'm not sure what changed. It deleted my radio presets. Off Road Pages was initially missing but appeared back while driving the next time

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You probably won't. I bet you've got the latest version for the Wrangler right now. These updates are most likely for older models to catch up to what you're already running.
I thought the same except there are reports that this newest update fixes the infamous favorites issue and my favorites function also stopped working a few months ago with everyone else’s and it’s still not functioning. Not that I care about the feature, it was just a way to differentiate this newest update that fixes said issue. Therefore, I assumed I should also have gotten it.

edit: I’ll check later today and report back with a screenshot of the firmware version page of my Uconnect.
Sponsored