Sponsored

Over the Air Uconnect update received on 7/21/2021, Now my "ParkSense" park assist is intermittent

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
2021 JLUR with all the safety packages
New software information as of 7/21/2021:
Software version 21.18.14
Application version USA-ASO-8.4-QR-39.62.0-20210504-QFRM

So now my parksense will work at times and then turn off at random times and then turn back on at random times. The sensors are all clean and unobstructed. When the parksense turns off, if I press the button to turn it back on, the LED indicator will flash 3 times and then go out. Sometimes I get a DIC message "Parksense unavailable Wipe the rear sensors", and parksense will not turn on. If I keep driving, parksense returns to normal, for a while. This all started right after the over the air update was successfully completed.

Any words of wisdom?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Any words of wisdom?
I’m not sure the update is related. I say that because I was without a radio for a month because mine got bricked. I had fuse F97 pulled and parksense still worked (it would beep when backing out of my garage as it always did).

I could be wrong, but that’s $0.02.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m not sure the update is related. I say that because I was without a radio for a month because mine got bricked. I had fuse F97 pulled and parksense still worked (it would beep when backing out of my garage as it always did).

I could be wrong, but that’s $0.02.
You could be right. It is possible the timing of the parksense (Park Assist) issue is a coincidence. Since the update was to correct the random disappearance of the camera grid lines, there could be a connection, maybe?

I just want the parksense to work properly and I am not sure if it is the software, one or more of the sensors, the control module, or the wiring.

docwilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
You could be right. It is possible the timing of the parksense (Park Assist) issue is a coincidence. Since the update was to correct the random disappearance of the camera grid lines, there could be a connection, maybe?

I just want the parksense to work properly and I am not sure if it is the software, one or more of the sensors, the control module, or the wiring.
I’m having a similar issue, any luck resolving it?

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m having a similar issue, any luck resolving it?
My ParkSense park assist started working on its own, but there are two (2) things worth mentioning:

1.) I installed Falken Wildpeak A/T3W LT315/70R17 tires, including the spare, on the OEM 17 x 7.5 wheels. While the position of the spare tire wheel on the tailgate did not change, the new larger tire section width is larger than that of the OEM tires and the new larger spare tire blocks part of the view of the rear camera at the bottom of the 8.4" Uconnect screen. I am not sure if this partial camera obstruction by the spare tire affects park assist. Maybe?

2.) Right after my park assist issue, my rear camera failed. Dealer replaced my rear camera and everything is OK now. I suspect that the rear camera failure may have affected the park sense.

This is all I know.
Sponsored

Last edited: