Rear Side Window Mount Recover Board

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
Anyone ever find something like this less expensive? Thats exactly what I want..would be a great look.
Also just discovered there's a 10% discount code for the Pak Rax. Use "JLforum" at checkout.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
Serious question, are you going for looks or for useable function? That side window mount on the wranglers creates some very odd wind grabs as you’re moving down the highway. Off-road not an issue. Another odd anomaly that I’ve actually seen twice is where a vehicle gets tilted over slightly in a tight space on the board rack side and didn’t allow any room to pull them off while out rock crawling. The other time was when a 2dr JK had gently leaned over into a sand dune on its left side which had their board rack on it and the weight pushed the rack bolts into the side window, shattering it.
Great point.. More for looks... The beach I drive on (just for fishing easy driving) requires an overpriced permit sticker and a vehicle check of items (shovel, jack, tow ropes, recovery boards, tire compressor etc). so it would look cool for that season....

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Great point.. More for looks... The beach I drive on (just for fishing easy driving) requires an overpriced permit sticker and a vehicle check of items (shovel, jack, tow ropes, recovery boards, tire compressor etc). so it would look cool for that season....
Wow, what beach is this? That’s hardcore. I mounted mine that unfortunately get used a lot to the top Mopar rack bars. I made a bracket to slide into them.

FCD3FE2D-34C9-499F-80AC-D917E4063D99.jpeg

OP
OP

Vinny2002

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2020
Wow, what beach is this? That’s hardcore. I mounted mine that unfortunately get used a lot to the top Mopar rack bars. I made a bracket to slide into them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Side Window Mount Recover Board FCD3FE2D-34C9-499F-80AC-D917E4063D99
Watch Hill, RI.... I have a Skytop! So would need extra high roof racks.

Sponsored

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I believe the Mopar cross bars work with the sky top. I could be wrong though. They sit pretty high off the roof.

Unfortunately they work, as in you can mount them, but you can't open and close the SOT with the Mopar cross bars.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Side Window Mount Recover Board image
What is your bracket like? I have one in the works but maybe yours is better

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
What is your bracket like? I have one in the works but maybe yours is better
I’ll be posting some detailed shots of the brackets and information in the morning, several have hit me up in pm’s asking how it was made and what all parts were used. Are you running the Mopar cross bars?

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I’ll be posting some detailed shots of the brackets and information in the morning, several have hit me up in pm’s asking how it was made and what all parts were used. Are you running the Mopar cross bars?
Yeah.