Sponsored

Non-Premium Soft Top- Rear Driver Side Window

graniteJLUwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I'm new on here, so I tried to utilize the search function, but I didn't see anything with my specific issue. I've had my JLU right under a year and have the non-premium soft top. I took everything off on a weekly basis and never had an issue. A month or so ago, I was putting the rear driver side window back in and for whatever reason, the pillar wouldn't fit right. I finally figured that out, got it locked in (even though it's looser than it used to be), but now the bottom channel won't stay flush in the channel. The channel up against the driver sides rear door fits perfect, sliding it into the rail at the top fits perfect, the pillar seems to be in correctly, but that bottom rubber flap will not fit in to the bottom channel correctly. It fits okay towards the door, but as it gets back towards the pillar (on the bottom) it starts to get loose and in that area right as the channel starts going around the curve to the back of the jeep (under the pillar) it won't go in at all.

Hopefully that makes sense, I know I rambled but trying to explain in detail. Any suggestions would be great before I take it to the dealer to have them look at it. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
That's odd, given the rear of the window is attached to the solid plastic corner. I'd think there wouldn't be a way for the fabric to hang "too low" and fit loosely in the body groove, if that's what you're saying.... Maybe you could take a picture?

Is it possible the soft top isn't fully locked in the up position; or the plastic corner is at a strange angle?

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I have a two door, but the non-premium top. The window design is the same, only difference is the 2-door window is longer. Anyway, the order that I put mine back in is -

1. Slide the window in on the upper rail.
2. Push up the rear corner and lock it in to the top.
3. Take the lower flap that goes in the channel and pull it away from the Jeep.
4. Lock the lower rear corner into the clip on the body.
5. Push the lower flap up into the channel starting at the rear corner, and work your way towards the front.
6. Finally, install the flap into the B-pillar by the door and secure the Velcro at the top.

Hope that helps!

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i have the premium top but i believe they are the same, and i believe i know what happened with yours..if its the same that happened to mine. Look at your corner piece and see if its messed up in any kind of way (channel section on the bottom) i messed mine up because i didnt have it in right. so now i have to be extra careful and make sure that part is in the channel. What mine did was part went in the channel and part didnt, and it messed up the plastic. i had to work it a little bit to get it to go back in shape so it would go in the proper way.
Sponsored