Sponsored

Rear Passenger Window Vandalized

Wasser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
6.10.19 UPDATE: Got the window from a more-or-less local dealership this morning, and my husband will be installing soon -- most likely tonight when he gets home from work. Price is about $115 before tax. Part number is 68282713AB. You guys have all been so great, and I thank you much. :handsinair:

But....if this happens to you tonight, please know if your dealership doesn't have this part, they won't be able to get one for at least a week and half, and that's only if they have them on order. Wasser was told Chrysler is waiting on an order of 300 pieces, due the 17th of June, and will be shipping to dealerships that have ordered them after that.

I'll add an update on the install, if you'd like. Should be fairly simple. :fingerscrossed:

6.11.19: He installed the new glass in 20 minutes this morning (before it hit the 100*+ mark today). Again, thank you everyone.

6.8.19: Wasser wife here. I came out of a store tonight to find my JLU passenger window on the driver side smashed. Pure vandalism ā€” I was lucky that nothing was stolen, but spent 40 minutes vacuuming broken glass out of my car, and some of my neighbors probably think Iā€™m crazy for cleaning my driveway with a vac, too. Anybody have to replace a window, yet? Any sources? I mean, thereā€™s Safelite, but Iā€™m looking for other product and/or installation resources. Naturally, dealer parts depts are closed tomorrow.

Also, please, no pissant comments about California and sanctuary cities, like Iā€™ve seen on other threads. A$$holes of all walks of life can be selfish, disrespectful vandals.

D56216E7-AC61-4CD0-A578-59D60A6D1A09.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Safelite is going to be your best bet if you are trying to get it done tomorrow. You could try a local salvage yard if you want to DIY. Call first.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I know one guy who had a hell of a time getting his replaced. Poor guy is a Canadian and he was driving thru.... Yep California :CWL: Hey @Snowshoes , did you ever get your window replacement? I want to say his was the rear passenger also. At that time, the windows were unavailable and he had to use tape/plastic. Also, his tape job was damn good:rock: Yes, it's amazing that people can just be straight up assholes just because they can :angry: Good luck and keep up posted :like:

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Not to be a jerk, but all that Molle on the back of your seat is an inviting thing for someone looking to snatch something. I never leave anything in sight, not objects, not bags, nor anything that could contain something. Did they go through any of your stuff or just smash the window?

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
Are the side windows even available through Safelite etc? We're still waiting for a windshield replacement for my daughter's JL. It supposedly will be available in about 10 days.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Not to be a jerk, but all that Molle on the back of your seat is an inviting thing for someone looking to snatch something. I never leave anything in sight, not objects, not bags, nor anything that could contain something. Did they go through any of your stuff or just smash the window?

As a retired LEO I'll say that is probably the reason they chose that particular window. Thieves love convenience, it's quicker. Sorry to see this happened to you Wasser. Also, Safelite may be your best bet to get it repaired quickly. And, don't forget to call your insurance company, it may be covered under your policy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wasser

Wasser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
His was the rear cargo area window, I believe, and the tape job was stellar. Fingers crossed I donā€™t have to wait as long as him. (And, yes, thatā€™s the thread I was referencing above . :LOL:Unhelpful people are unhelpful.)
:please:Thanks for the luck! Doing some more internet prowling today.
I know one guy who had a hell of a time getting his replaced. Poor guy is a Canadian and he was driving thru.... Yep California :CWL: Hey @Snowshoes , did you ever get your window replacement? I want to say his was the rear passenger also. At that time, the windows were unavailable and he had to use tape/plastic. Also, his tape job was damn good:rock: Yes, it's amazing that people can just be straight up assholes just because they can :angry: Good luck and keep up posted :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wasser

Wasser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Honestly, I havenā€™t yet called because of the time it took to clean up all the glass, but have lurked here and saw a post with a $650 price tag w/o insurance. Good luck w/the windshield! Been watching my w/s crack travel in unexpected directions for the last couple of months. ;)
Are the side windows even available through Safelite etc? We're still waiting for a windshield replacement for my daughter's JL. It supposedly will be available in about 10 days.

OP
OP
Wasser

Wasser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
They smashed and ran. You canā€™t see *anything* through the windows unless the sun is directly hitting them, and this was almost 6:00 pm. The JL is a little beefy and draws attention, and in retrospect, I think I saw the little darlings who did this as I drove into the parking lot. It was a few teens/early 20 guys who wanted to start their night off with a bang, and I was a nice target.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
They smashed and ran. You canā€™t see *anything* through the windows unless the sun is directly hitting them, and this was almost 6:00 pm. The JL is a little beefy and draws attention, and in retrospect, I think I saw the little darlings who did this as I drove into the parking lot. It was a few teens/early 20 guys who wanted to start their night off with a bang, and I was a nice target.
Itā€™s a damn shame that they would get their kicks off by destroying someoneā€™s property. Wish they could catch them and make them do community service for a month. And pay for your repairs.
Sponsored