Rear fender chop

n8s12981

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to chop the rear fender liners? I’ve been searching for one with no luck. Is it so easy that it doesn’t need a how-to???
Sponsored

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
you just carefully rip it apart, it's plastic welded so it's a one way ticket.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

in this video he briefly discusses it. you can use a drill bit to remove the plastic rivets.

theres another video where the guy shows you how to mark the inner fender liners with a sharpie so you can cut them and keep the inner part under the vehicle.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
in this video he briefly discusses it. you can use a drill bit to remove the plastic rivets.

theres another video where the guy shows you how to mark the inner fender liners with a sharpie so you can cut them and keep the inner part under the vehicle.
What video?

Sponsored

Jtizzle

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 cj5,2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to chop the rear fender liners? I’ve been searching for one with no luck. Is it so easy that it doesn’t need a how-to???
Has anyone done it???

OP
OP

n8s12981

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I actually just dove in and figured it out. It's pretty self explanatory getting it off the Jeep. Then you'll see the two plastic welded pieces together. I slipped my hand in between the two pieces and separated them. Then you just have to trim the tabs off the edge with a razer.

Jtizzle

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 cj5,2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I actually just dove in and figured it out. It's pretty self explanatory getting it off the Jeep. Then you'll see the two plastic welded pieces together. I slipped my hand in between the two pieces and separated them. Then you just have to trim the tabs off the edge with a razer.
Any tips or pictures? I’ve only got rubbing in the rear fender wells. Want to make more room soon, and I’ve been looking at aftermarket options, but it doesn’t seem like it’d take too much to make my 37’s clear.
Sponsored