Roadarmor rear inner liners/painted fender chop

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
So, I'm doing inner liners front and rear. After looking at several brands I chose Roadarmor for the rear and Artec vented for the front. I have a 2018 JLUR with color matched fenders. Install wasn't bad at all taking my time, about 2 hrs total with the first taking slightly longer to install. This s doesn't include the rear fender chop. This is totally optional but because I'm gonna do the front, I wanted rear to match. Unfortunately, there are no videos on this, but after about 5 minutes of looking at inner plastic I could see a slight indention or line(see pic below) I knew if this didn't work I'd have to go with aftermarket fenders.
I started cutting along that line and followed it around, and it worked great. I then sliced off tabs. In my case my liners had bolts in the top holes, so I used those white clips to replace a couple that broke. I think it came out great, I think you could do this with non painted Rubicon ones too, but I'm not sure on that...
20190713_125529.jpg
20190713_125644.jpg
20190713_130834.jpg
20190713_125223.jpg

I'll post pics of the front later as I'm also I stalling American Adventure Labs Hi line lights.
Hope this helps. [GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
Sponsored

Last edited:

hadiiaali

First Name
hadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So, I'm doing inner liners front and rear. After looking at several brands I chose Roadarmor for the rear and Artec vented for the front. I have a 2018 JLUR with color matched fenders. Install wasn't bad at all taking my time, about 2 hrs total with the first taking slightly longer to install. This s doesn't include the rear fender chop. This is totally optional but because I'm gonna do the front, I wanted rear to match. Unfortunately, there are no videos on this, but after about 5 minutes of looking at inner plastic I could see a slight indention or line(see pic below) I knew if this didn't work I'd have to go with aftermarket fenders.
I started cutting along that line and followed it around, and it worked great. I then sliced off tabs. In my case my liners had bolts in the top holes, so I used those white clips to replace a couple that broke. I think it came out great, I think you could do this with non painted Rubicon ones too, but I'm not sure on that...
20190713_125529.jpg
20190713_125644.jpg
20190713_130834.jpg
20190713_125223.jpg

I'll post pics of the front later as I'm also I stalling American Adventure Labs Hi line lights.
Hope this helps. [GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
I just ordered road armor inner liners for the front and rear for my JL and i also have the falcon 3.3 shocks so i’m guessing i’m going to have to chop the rear, i know you said you went with artec but did you have to chop the front too, idk if road armor and artec are the same cut for the front

OP
OP
Deezus

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I had to self chop the front Artec. However, American Adventure Lab makes some front inners pre cut and powder coated.

hadiiaali

First Name
hadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had to self chop the front Artec. However, American Adventure Lab makes some front inners pre cut and powder coated.
Thanks for replying! I think i’m going to go with the AAL liners, i was going to paint and chop the fenders myself but the AAL quick release option made them appealing.
Sponsored