Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thank you so much! I just want everything fixed like it was prior to accident, But progressive has just decided its a total loss.... my kiddo is being seen by her medical doctor as well as chiropractor. Just thankful it wasn’t worse.
That's good, make sure to negotiate settlement price for the totaled vehicle, they oftentimes offer you less than it is worth and you can always ask for more.

I am glad you are OK. Going to a chiropractor is a personal decision, but I encourage you to read upon the history of chiropractors and be careful about it. Chiropractic is not a science, and despite all efforts there is no serious medical journal that has found evidence that chiropractic manipulation is effective, mostly placebo effect conclusions are established. Coming from a family of highly regarded medical professionals I personally stay away from any M.D. who suggests chiropractic. There have been several cases where lawyers, doctors, and chiropractors get together to generate a compelling story for a lawsuit.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
That's good, make sure to negotiate settlement price for the totaled vehicle, they oftentimes offer you less than it is worth and you can always ask for more.

I am glad you are OK. Going to a chiropractor is a personal decision, but I encourage you to read upon the history of chiropractors and be careful about it. Chiropractic is not a science, and despite all efforts there is no serious medical journal that has found evidence that chiropractic manipulation is effective, mostly placebo effect conclusions are established. Coming from a family of highly regarded medical professionals I personally stay away from any M.D. who suggests chiropractic. There have been several cases where lawyers, doctors, and chiropractors get together to generate a compelling story for a lawsuit.
So your "highly regarded medical professional" family probably are the ones who push the opiods? And other prescription medicines? :facepalm:

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
I am not an MD of any type but all I can say is that is I love chiropractors. I can tell the difference from when I stop going for a while and when I start back on my routine. It is amazing the difference. The walking gait, lower back pain, stress headaches, and so much more. It is all part and parcel of being healthy and I am a strong believer that a GOOD chiropractor is a part of it. There are a lot bad ones out there and you have to be careful but once you find a good one stay with it.

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I am not an MD of any type but all I can say is that is I love chiropractors. I can tell the difference from when I stop going for a while and when I start back on my routine. It is amazing the difference. The walking gait, lower back pain, stress headaches, and so much more. It is all part and parcel of being healthy and I am a strong believer that a GOOD chiropractor is a part of it. There are a lot bad ones out their and you have to be careful but once you find a good one stay with it.
Exactly. I've had poor experiences with MDs, but I don't go around telling people all MDs are money grabbing quacks. Wait, maybe I better rethink that:LOL:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Exactly. I've had poor experiences with MDs, but I don't go around telling people all MDs are money grabbing quacks. Wait, maybe I better rethink that:LOL:
Not all MDs are right, I mean clearly since some of them are
Yeah some push opioids, others recommend chiropractic... AND medicine has gotten things wrong many times, not because of science, but because of wrong conclusions made from statistical results, confusing correlation with causation and misinterpreting confidence intervals are great examples.

The issue with chiropractic is that it is completely out of wack. See, the thing is that they make you believe they use science, but they don't, they invent all of these pseudo-science stuff and come up with these theories of how the human spine works and how it needs "adjustments", then they don't subject their theories through the scientific method, they simply tell you "this is how it works and it is science". The problem with that is that even if their theories are right, it isn't science. So why tell people that they are "scientific" when they aren't?.

If you want to believe in a practice that historically started by the ghost of a doctor telling another doctor about a secret medical practice, well.... that's what your choice. If you want to believe that the human body needs "adjustments" as if we were transformers, well... that's also your choice.

The reality is that medicine cured infectious diseases, and if we get an infection and need antibiotics we run to medicine, not to pseudo-science. Medicine is also curing cancer, it is able to properly fix fractures with bone displacement, and it is all backed by a rigorous scientific method that has propelled human civilization where we are today.

So yeah... there are a lot of MDs out there who say things that aren't real, who will prescribe drugs because they get some chunk of money out of that, who follow unethical practice. And there are MDs out there who follow ethical practice, and I am sure a lot of chiropractors out there also believe their stuff and follow their practice ethically. But chiropractic is not a science, and it will never be, it is a massage that might temporarily relieve pain, and that's about it.

I rather maintain a healthy weight and strong back muscles to properly support my spine than to throw my money at these crooks.
Sponsored