First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hi there, were you able to fix the issue with the replacement wire? I am getting the exact same issue after installing my tire carrier, black screen, camera system unavailable. A new camera did not work. Also do you know the part number for the replacement wire?
Yes my backup camera is finally fixed! The part number is 68432105AB I ordered from allmoparparts.com.
Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Iā€™m fixing to order a Teraflex Alpha HD carrier. Whatā€™s the secret to keep the camera working?

Last edited:

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Iā€™m fixing to order a Teraflex Alpha HD carrier. Whatā€™s the secret to keep the camera from not working?
To keep it working, use a small flat head screwdriver in the spot that the stock camera cover went into while pushing everything else out. Iā€™d recommend taking your time so you donā€™t have an added cost the camera stuff cost me an extra $130 or so on top of the carrier price.

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
To keep it working, use a small flat head screwdriver in the spot that the stock camera cover went into while pushing everything else out. Iā€™d recommend taking your time so you donā€™t have an added cost the camera stuff cost me an extra $130 or so on top of the carrier price.
Instead of using a hammer to hit the studs?

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Instead of using a hammer to hit the studs?
You need to use a hammer to hit the studs and use the screwdriver to push the camera out. Work them both out simultaneously. What happened for me was I knocked the studs all the way out but the camera stayed in damaging the wire and camera. Maybe youā€™ll get lucky and the camera comes out with it. Itā€™s easy to do, just need to be careful.

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
You need to use a hammer to hit the studs and use the screwdriver to push the camera out. Work them both out simultaneously. What happened for me was I knocked the studs all the way out but the camera stayed in damaging the wire and camera. Maybe youā€™ll get lucky and the camera comes out with it. Itā€™s easy to do, just need to be careful.
Makes sense. What size tire are you running and which stud option are you using? I have the factory plastic rear with a 315/70/17.

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Makes sense. What size tire are you running and which stud option are you using? I have the factory plastic rear with a 315/70/17.
37x12.50r17, I used the top spot. For the 315ā€™s the middle option would probably work. Iā€™d mount it up loosely and check your clearances before you torque everything down.

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon ecodiesel
Bringing this old thread back to life. I just moved my rear camera into the Motobilt tire carrier and license plate relocation bracket and I'm getting the blue screen. Funny thing is, the front camera doesn't work either now. I can't even select it. Nothing happens when I push the button. I was pretty careful separating the wiring but did cut the camera wiring a bit but didn't even get into the sheathing underneath. It was barely a knick. I wrapped it back up. I tried the battery trick with no luck. Also tried turning camera on and off with my Tazer. Before I order new wiring and camera I want to see if there are any new solutions out there.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Bringing this old thread back to life. I just moved my rear camera into the Motobilt tire carrier and license plate relocation bracket and I'm getting the blue screen. Funny thing is, the front camera doesn't work either now. I can't even select it. Nothing happens when I push the button. I was pretty careful separating the wiring but did cut the camera wiring a bit but didn't even get into the sheathing underneath. It was barely a knick. I wrapped it back up. I tried the battery trick with no luck. Also tried turning camera on and off with my Tazer. Before I order new wiring and camera I want to see if there are any new solutions out there.
Hi Chainringtattoo,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! If you decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer for an official diagnosis, feel free to send us a PM for additional assistance alongside them.

Sarah
Jeep Cares

Zanner1718

First Name
Suzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 GMC Yukon Tex Ed, '22 Cadillac CT5
Just bought a 2018 JLUR with 3600 miles on it a couple weeks ago, and now I'm getting this blue screen too. All was working beautifully until this morning backing out of the garage. What I'm reading is there is a software update required, but the dealership assured me all software was up to date. So there's a wiring issue maybe? I don't know anything about vehicles, but hubby could probably figure it out if it's just a wire issue. It did come with 37s and lifted, so maybe the big spare tire is causing this issue? I don't know where to begin. I just want to drive my Jeep longer than 2 weeks with no issues. Am I asking too much?

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just bought a 2018 JLUR with 3600 miles on it a couple weeks ago, and now I'm getting this blue screen too. All was working beautifully until this morning backing out of the garage. What I'm reading is there is a software update required, but the dealership assured me all software was up to date. So there's a wiring issue maybe? I don't know anything about vehicles, but hubby could probably figure it out if it's just a wire issue. It did come with 37s and lifted, so maybe the big spare tire is causing this issue? I don't know where to begin. I just want to drive my Jeep longer than 2 weeks with no issues. Am I asking too much?
Hi there, Zanner1718

We're happy to take a look into this for you! Feel free to send us a message with your VIN. From there, we'll verify the software level that's running on your Jeep and check for any internal resources to address this.

Steph
Jeep Cares

PeterKH

First Name
PeterKH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys 2020
Hello @JeepCares I have an issued yesterday on my JLu Willy's 2020 with the screen didn't pop up anything once i start the vehicle, had try turn off and start back many times but the screen still dead. But after run a mile and it just start slowly pop up. Is there i need to update any software too?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello @JeepCares I have an issued yesterday on my JLu Willy's 2020 with the screen didn't pop up anything once i start the vehicle, had try turn off and start back many times but the screen still dead. But after run a mile and it just start slowly pop up. Is there i need to update any software too?
Hi PeterKH,

We can check this out for you. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN to get started.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Sponsored