Rear bumper

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
I bought the front and rear steel bumpers to replace the plastic ones my JLRU, I have the sensors for the rear and can't ever catch the mounting brackets and seals in stock to move the sensors over. The longer I wait I think I want to go with an aftermarket steel rear bumper.

What would you all consider to be good trusted manufactures? What was your experience with after market bumpers and parking sensors?

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
LoD and RockHard 4X4 especially if you are looking to get your spare off your tailgate or just want top of the line. It really depends on what you want in a bumper - lots of good ones

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the front and rear steel bumpers to replace the plastic ones my JLRU, I have the sensors for the rear and can't ever catch the mounting brackets and seals in stock to move the sensors over. The longer I wait I think I want to go with an aftermarket steel rear bumper.

What would you all consider to be good trusted manufactures? What was your experience with after market bumpers and parking sensors?

Thanks for your help.
I have LOD front / rear bumpers and rock sliders. They’ve held up great, and the company is top shelf, great customer service.

They use factory fogs in front and the rear uses factory sensors. Have built in hitch and rear fog/backup light cutouts.

They have full with, mid width, and stubby, which is what I have. Also can get one with bumper mounted tire carrier. If you zoom in on pic you can see the sensors….

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumper D8423309-FFD9-4D4E-B67F-1C76C0762D03

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
I went with the Go Rhino rear steel. Has holes for the sensors that come with plastic plugs if not used.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumper 20220102_104411

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
LOD or AEV had both they are awesome, well made coating is tough and mounting point is strong. They also go on very easily, and line up with vehicle nicely. They both intergrades license plate holder back up sensor and back up lights.

OEM steel rear bumper Is trash, they are so damn soft and any hit on the corner will make contact with body tub and damages them. They offer no protection whatsoever and is damage multiplier indeed.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
LoD and RockHard 4X4 especially if you are looking to get your spare off your tailgate or just want top of the line. It really depends on what you want in a bumper - lots of good ones
+1 on Rockhard. High quality, fits correctly out of the box.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

LOD or AEV had both they are awesome, well made coating is tough and mounting point is strong. They also go on very easily, and line up with vehicle nicely. They both intergrades license plate holder back up sensor and back up lights.

OEM steel rear bumper Is trash, they are so damn soft and any hit on the corner will make contact with body tub and damages them. They offer no protection whatsoever and is damage multiplier indeed.
My stock steel bumpers held up great when I was rear ended recently. My JLUR was only totaled due to the hitch buckling the frame as it bent under.

Its replacement will have AEV bumpers (AEV is building it from the factory before I see it). Boron steel is pretty damn strong as well as light. Saved a couple grand from the factory by not getting steel bumpers or upgraded hinges.

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I have LOD front / rear bumpers and rock sliders. They’ve held up great, and the company is top shelf, great customer service.

They use factory fogs in front and the rear uses factory sensors. Have built in hitch and rear fog/backup light cutouts.

They have full with, mid width, and stubby, which is what I have. Also can get one with bumper mounted tire carrier. If you zoom in on pic you can see the sensors….

D8423309-FFD9-4D4E-B67F-1C76C0762D03.jpeg

Sometimes the LoD with Tire carrier and sensers caused problems, just FYI in you were thinking of going that route. Anyone heard if they got that fixed? That was early so hopefully no longer a problem. The Rockhard with bumper carrier looks to offer a bit more for the money. Included License plate, Flag, CB mounts

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Sometimes the LoD with Tire carrier and sensers caused problems, just FYI in you were thinking of going that route. Anyone heard if they got that fixed? That was early so hopefully no longer a problem. The Rockhard with bumper carrier looks to offer a bit more for the money. Included License plate, Flag, CB mounts
gotta rotate the sensor to get them happy on the LOD. Hate them but it eventually works.

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I have the rear bumper and tire carrier too. My sensor comes on sparingly when I'm backing up, even when there is nothing behind me. I deal with it and just watch where I'm going anyway, but some times it beeps without cause and other times it doesn't. Love the bumper and tire carrier though.

C_R51305.jpg

Rock Sand

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Still having issues with the LOD bumper and rear sensors. Does anyone have a fix for this?
Sponsored