Rear bumper with winch mount

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I know it sounds crazy to most, but I want my winch in the back. Is there any aftermarket bumper for the JL that allows to mount a winch permanently in the rear and retain the hitch for trailer?

There are several reasons to do this. First I don’t like the extra weight in the front. Rather have the weight in the back. Second I have found out that I rather get back out from where I got stuck than pull myself further into the mess. Third, most of the time I have used my winch is to pull someone else out, not me.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
I know it sounds crazy to most, but I want my winch in the back. Is there any aftermarket bumper for the JL that allows to mount a winch permanently in the rear and retain the hitch for trailer?

There are several reasons to do this. First I don’t like the extra weight in the front. Rather have the weight in the back. Second I have found out that I rather get back out from where I got stuck than pull myself further into the mess. Third, most of the time I have used my winch is to pull someone else out, not me.

Any ideas?
They make hitch mounts for winches.

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
They make hitch mounts for winches.
I got one. I said I want a permanent mounting and retain the hitch for my trailer
Sponsored