Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It is indeed a complete kit. :)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Bumper went on today, and I'm really happy with it. Like I mentioned above, though, my spare no longer fits. I noticed the hole on the side of the bumper, it looks like a spot for a future tire carrier. First off, is this correct? Secondly, if so, any idea as to when it would be released?

Thanks for all your help by the way.
Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Alright, its in! Install went really well. Removing the bumper was pretty straightforward, and taking out the parking sensors was easy but rly time consuming. There are probably 25-30 little screws that you have to take out to separate the two layers of the bumper and take the sensors out (which are held in by these plastic clips that can be bent back to be pulled out - just be sure to be gentle). The real pain was putting them into the bumper. The system of using little screws to tighten the sensors is pretty illogical and time consuming, and I only ended up using one screw per sensor since it was nearly impossible to reach half of the holes. Other than that, pretty straightforward.
However, I did find one issue, but I guess its not Bestop's fault. My rubicon tire no longer fits on the back, so I have to get a spare tire relocation bracket. However, there's a hole on the right corner of the bumper that seems to be a potential spot for a future tire carrier. Not sure what specific tire dimensions you are running, but just something to keep in mind. Lastly, I threw on some D rings to match the ones I had in front. Really happy with the way it turned out!
Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 4.56.25 PM.png

For clarification, in this photo the tire wasn't fully tightened. When tightened, it hits the bottom of the bumper.
Looks great! I don't have any parking sensors so that would potentially speed up the process. I see the OEM tow hook is still in use, per Bestop's instructions. As for the tire, is it just a little snug? My BFG might be a tad smaller, don't know. Definetely something to watch out for. Question, where did you purchase from and how long did it take to get delivered?
Thanks for the write-up!

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Sebastian!
No video yet, sorry, but we are available 5 days a week, 12 hours a day if you need us.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Bumper went on earlier today, I really love it. Like I said above, though, my spare is no longer fitting. I noticed the hole on the side of the bumper, I suspected it's for a future tire carrier. First off, is this right? Second, if so, can you give an estimate as to when it would be released?

Thanks for all you help.

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I don't have any parking sensors so that would potentially speed up the process. I see the OEM tow hook is still in use, per Bestop's instructions. As for the tire, is it just a little snug? My BFG might be a tad smaller, don't know. Definetely something to watch out for. Question, where did you purchase from and how long did it take to get delivered?
Thanks for the write-up!
Yeah without the sensors it will be much faster, probably half what it took me haha. For the tire, it completely prevents the trunk from closing, to the point where I had to take it off until my bracket comes. Other than that though, this thing is awesome. Would totally recommend, minus the tire thing, which like I said isn't really their fault. The KO2s are definitely a little smaller than the wild peaks, but not enough to make a difference unfortunately. Got it from Quadratec and got here in like 4 days, their shipping is insane.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bumper went on today, and I'm really happy with it. Like I mentioned above, though, my spare no longer fits. I noticed the hole on the side of the bumper, it looks like a spot for a future tire carrier. First off, is this correct? Secondly, if so, any idea as to when it would be released?

Thanks for all your help by the way.
Hey Sebastian,
Thanks for sharing the pics, I'm really glad you took the opportunity to custom paint the panels!!
We don't have any current plans for the spare tire carrier but having the feature there allows us for future expansion of the line and it's totally a possibility.
Looks great on your Jeep!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Alright, its in! Install went really well. Removing the bumper was pretty straightforward, and taking out the parking sensors was easy but rly time consuming. There are probably 25-30 little screws that you have to take out to separate the two layers of the bumper and take the sensors out (which are held in by these plastic clips that can be bent back to be pulled out - just be sure to be gentle). The real pain was putting them into the bumper. The system of using little screws to tighten the sensors is pretty illogical and time consuming, and I only ended up using one screw per sensor since it was nearly impossible to reach half of the holes. Other than that, pretty straightforward.
However, I did find one issue, but I guess its not Bestop's fault. My rubicon tire no longer fits on the back, so I have to get a spare tire relocation bracket. However, there's a hole on the right corner of the bumper that seems to be a potential spot for a future tire carrier. Not sure what specific tire dimensions you are running, but just something to keep in mind. Lastly, I threw on some D rings to match the ones I had in front. Really happy with the way it turned out!
Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 4.56.25 PM.png

For clarification, in this photo the tire wasn't fully tightened. When tightened, it hits the bottom of the bumper.
One more question, is the bumper finish smooth or is there some texture coating? Hard to tell.

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Bumper went on earlier today, I really love it. Like I said above, though, my spare is no longer fitting. I noticed the hole on the side of the bumper, I suspected it's for a future tire carrier. First off, is this right? Second, if so, can you give an estimate as to when it would be released?

Thanks for all you help.
@sebythellama , I think i read that you have WP 33's. Am I correct? Bummer that a 33 spare will not fit. I do like the look of that bumper.

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
@sebythellama , I think i read that you have WP 33's. Am I correct? Bummer that a 33 spare will not fit. I do like the look of that bumper.
So the reason why it didn't fit was that I was using my factory sport tire carrier with the rubicon wheels. I've since gotten a used rubicon tire carrier off of Facebook marketplace for like $20 and installed that and now it almost clears. It's still making contact (but not interfering with closing the trunk or anything) but that's because I realized I kind of installed the bumper a but farther away from the body, so sometime in the next few weeks I'm going to see if I can loosen it up and push the bumper closer to the body to make sure it has room.

Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
So the reason why it didn't fit was that I was using my factory sport tire carrier with the rubicon wheels. I've since gotten a used rubicon tire carrier off of Facebook marketplace for like $20 and installed that and now it almost clears. It's still making contact (but not interfering with closing the trunk or anything) but that's because I realized I kind of installed the bumper a but farther away from the body, so sometime in the next few weeks I'm going to see if I can loosen it up and push the bumper closer to the body to make sure it has room.
Thx for the reply!

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
We've offered bumpers for years and years, but you're not alone in not realizing that. While our main bread & butter is obviously soft tops, it often overshadows the other products we offer. Our new Granite lineup for JL and JT includes fenders, fender liners, bumpers, sliders, and more. Let me know if you have any questions, we've been running them since about this last Easter Jeep Safari and are really liking the style!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Lee, super excited to try out those fenders you have released. I didnt see the sliders for the JLU on the site, could you help me with sending the link please? Also regarding those fenders, is there any drilling or cutting required? I hope you can send a video walkaround of those fenders from your Red Bestop JLU showing how the blinkers work, the quality of those metal. I'm willing to spend the $$$ on the fenders but worried I may not like them since I'm not seeing any reviews. By chance do you guys offer a forum discount?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
@sebythellama Do your park sensors work okay with this bumper? I really like this bumper but I want to make sure you don't get false readings from the sensors before putting this bumper on my short list.

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
@sebythellama Do your park sensors work okay with this bumper? I really like this bumper but I want to make sure you don't get false readings from the sensors before putting this bumper on my short list.
They work pretty good. They’re definitely mounted lower and I think they angle down a bit more than they did on the factory bumper, so if you’re parked at an incline and you back out sometimes it gets sensitive, but other than that they work just as well as they did in the factory bumper. It’s definitely a cool bumper, and I’d definitely recommend painting the little metal grates, I really like how it looks with that little accent. The only thing I’ve noticed (and this isn’t a fault of this bumper specifically but just all stubby rear bumpers) is that the blind spot monitors will sometimes stop working (and the dash will flash the “blind spot temporarily unavailable” warning), and my theory is because of that open space between the fender and the bumper is open and it gets the bottom of the taillight super dirty. However, I also have the RR tailight cages installed so those could also be messing with it. Just something to keep in mind. Other than that, this thing is awesome.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I get the "blind spot sensor unavailable" all the time on dirt roads. I think that's normal and not related to dust on sensors (which shouldn't have any effect).
Sponsored