Rear bumper question...difference b/t sport and rubi

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Typo, meant one for each trim level.
front and rear fender flares on sport/sahara/rubicon are all different, after closely looking at photos of each. Whereas I thought the Sahara and Rubicon share the same rear fenders. Apparently not the case, rear fenders are also higher clearance vs Sahara.

Sahara vs Rubicon
1.jpg
Is the main portion of the plastic bumper not the same for all models? It looks like it's just the side end caps that differ. In which case you should just be able to order the matching set for whatever fender flares you have.

Advertisement

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2.0L
Is the main portion of the plastic bumper not the same for all models? It looks like it's just the side end caps that differ. In which case you should just be able to order the matching set for whatever fender flares you have.
If end cap is different that means the fender opening might also be different, since they would be following the lines of the fender flare, it appears that the Rubicon end cap is about 2-3" shorter, therefore we can assume the rubicon fenders are 2-3" longer as well. Just measure the distance between where the fender ends and the rear of the Jeep, on the rubicon it's clearly shorter.

111.jpg

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
If end cap is different that means the fender opening might also be different, since they would be following the lines of the fender flare, it appears that the Rubicon end cap is about 2-3" shorter, therefore we can assume the rubicon fenders are 2-3" longer as well. Just measure the distance between where the fender ends and the rear of the Jeep, on the rubicon it's clearly shorter.

111.jpg
What I mean to say is that OP can simply buy new bumper end caps to match up to his new high-line Rubicon flares.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
What I mean to say is that OP can simply buy new bumper end caps to match up to his new high-line Rubicon flares.

I've been wanting to swap out for the high line rubi fenders myself.

I too was curious if its possible to just replace the end caps on the bumper. Has anyone done this?

OM3

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JL
I just ordered the high lift fenders and the US style bumper for my euro spec JLR (no high lift and crap rear bumper)

To match the high lift, you will need a rubicon specific closeout panel, a rubicon specific endcap, and a rubicon specific endcap bracket.

the P/Ns are:
end cap brackets:
68335607AB
68335608AB
end caps:
68319213AB
68319212AB
close out panels:
68349683AD
68349682AD

The above is for the plastic bumper only, not the steel, that has different parts.

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes they are slightly different. Very difficult to determine using the parts diagram. If possible get the part number off an actual part or better, find a complete takeoff for sale. I had a decent collection of wrong sub brackets because they were so similar.