Rear bumper LED lights question

Rubicon@2019

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hey, Im sure there is a thread about this already but I looked briefly and didn't seem to find the question I am looking for and hoped someone could help me out. I ordered a new rear bumper that has LED lights built in. I don't have tow package so I don't have AUX switches and just wanted to know the best way to go about hooking the lights up. I figured I would just find a place to put a toggle switch in the cab but I didn't know if I had to use a fuse or not. Can I simply just run a hot wire from the battery to a toggle and then to the LED lights or is there something I should know. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

SpeedKills

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2-Door, 2008 Rubicon 2-Door,2014 Ram 1500, 2013 CRF250L
Hey, Im sure there is a thread about this already but I looked briefly and didn't seem to find the question I am looking for and hoped someone could help me out. I ordered a new rear bumper that has LED lights built in. I don't have tow package so I don't have AUX switches and just wanted to know the best way to go about hooking the lights up. I figured I would just find a place to put a toggle switch in the cab but I didn't know if I had to use a fuse or not. Can I simply just run a hot wire from the battery to a toggle and then to the LED lights or is there something I should know. Thanks in advance.
You need a fuse. A fuse protects the vehicle in case of a short circuit. Without proper fuses you can easily start a vehicle fire.
If you've never done vehicle wiring I recommend asking someone local with experience to walk you through it.
You can buy fuse taps on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LFXA5Y...olid=36415FWBUE3N0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it