First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

I've been looking for a decently affordable rear bumper for my '19 JL (Around $500-$600). I've been loving the Fab Fours Stubby front bumper that I installed a while back, especially since that was only around $500. I've trying to find something that would match that bumper in terms of overall design language and style. So far, I like the Rugged Ridge Arcus (https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/arcus-rear-bumper-wrangler-jl), but I've heard mixed things about it and about RR as a company. The other one I like is the Bestop Highrock bumper (https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop/highrock-4x4-granite-series-rear-bumper-wrangler-jl), but up until now I didn't even know they made bumpers. Also, the HighRock line for the JL literally just came out. Has anyone used their bumpers on a JK? If so, how were they? I'm open to any recommendations. Thanks
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I have Rugged Ridge HDs front and rear and have issues with both.

The front didn’t clear 35s so I had to add a 2” spacer between the frame and bumper.

The rear fits fine, but I could never get the backup sensors to work correctly and ended up having to turn them off with the Tazer.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hi all,

I've been looking for a decently affordable rear bumper for my '19 JL (Around $500-$600). I've been loving the Fab Fours Stubby front bumper that I installed a while back, especially since that was only around $500. I've trying to find something that would match that bumper in terms of overall design language and style. So far, I like the Rugged Ridge Arcus (https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/arcus-rear-bumper-wrangler-jl), but I've heard mixed things about it and about RR as a company. The other one I like is the Bestop Highrock bumper (https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop/highrock-4x4-granite-series-rear-bumper-wrangler-jl), but up until now I didn't even know they made bumpers. Also, the HighRock line for the JL literally just came out. Has anyone used their bumpers on a JK? If so, how were they? I'm open to any recommendations. Thanks
We've offered bumpers for years and years, but you're not alone in not realizing that. While our main bread & butter is obviously soft tops, it often overshadows the other products we offer. Our new Granite lineup for JL and JT includes fenders, fender liners, bumpers, sliders, and more. Let me know if you have any questions, we've been running them since about this last Easter Jeep Safari and are really liking the style!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

kbp810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I've never really been a fan of Bestop front bumpers; but.. I think their new modern profile rear bumpers is one of the best rear's I've seen. Just ordered one for my 21' Willy's (which sadly is sitting at the body shop right now thanks to a wayward deer... but bumpers standing by for install just as soon as it comes home).

Last edited:
OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
We've offered bumpers for years and years, but you're not alone in not realizing that. While our main bread & butter is obviously soft tops, it often overshadows the other products we offer. Our new Granite lineup for JL and JT includes fenders, fender liners, bumpers, sliders, and more. Let me know if you have any questions, we've been running them since about this last Easter Jeep Safari and are really liking the style!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I decided to go with the Bestop Bumper. Ordered it last night, looking forward to installing it. Do you guys have any install videos, especially dealing with the parking sensors? I have them on mine, and I read over the install instructions and it doesn't seem too b ad. Just wanted to see if you had anything in more detail. Thanks!

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I decided to go with the Bestop Bumper. Ordered it last night, looking forward to installing it. Do you guys have any install videos, especially dealing with the parking sensors? I have them on mine, and I read over the install instructions and it doesn't seem too b ad. Just wanted to see if you had anything in more detail. Thanks!
Hey Sebastian!
No video yet, sorry, but we are available 5 days a week, 12 hours a day if you need us.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Sebastian!
No video yet, sorry, but we are available 5 days a week, 12 hours a day if you need us.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Since I am coming from a plastic bumper, does the bumper include all of the hardware I need to mount the sensors? I've heard that the parking sensors mount differently vs the Rubicon Steel bumper. Thanks.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

HI, am looking at this bumper as well. I assume you have installed it by now so how are you liking it so far? How was the install? I have heard that the Jeep's rear tow hook stays on, is that true?
Thanks!

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
HI, am looking at this bumper as well. I assume you have installed it by now so how are you liking it so far? How was the install? I have heard that the Jeep's rear tow hook stays on, is that true?
Thanks!
So, truth be told, I haven't installed yet. Been super busy over the last few weeks, but I made a plan to do it this weekend, so I'll let you know after that's done. So far though, all I can say is that it looks fantastic in person. I also picked up a mopar touch up spray can and painted the grates to match my color.

IMG_0195.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

So, truth be told, I haven't installed yet. Been super busy over the last few weeks, but I made a plan to do it this weekend, so I'll let you know after that's done. So far though, all I can say is that it looks fantastic in person. I also picked up a mopar touch up spray can and painted the grates to match my color.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumper question/recommendations IMG_0208

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumper question/recommendations IMG_0208
Thanks for the reply and looking forward to your review of the install and final thoughts! Also, what size tires do you have? Hoping that my 33 inch tires would clear the bumper.

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply and looking forward to your review of the install and final thoughts! Also, what size tires do you have? Hoping that my 33 inch tires would clear the bumper.
Of course!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumper question/recommendations IMG_6331.JPG
I have Rubicon take-off Wildpeaks, which are 33's, so you'll be all good.

OP
OP
sebythellama

sebythellama

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Nice rig, btw! That color is very nice!
Alright, its in! Install went really well. Removing the bumper was pretty straightforward, and taking out the parking sensors was easy but rly time consuming. There are probably 25-30 little screws that you have to take out to separate the two layers of the bumper and take the sensors out (which are held in by these plastic clips that can be bent back to be pulled out - just be sure to be gentle). The real pain was putting them into the bumper. The system of using little screws to tighten the sensors is pretty illogical and time consuming, and I only ended up using one screw per sensor since it was nearly impossible to reach half of the holes. Other than that, pretty straightforward.
However, I did find one issue, but I guess its not Bestop's fault. My rubicon tire no longer fits on the back, so I have to get a spare tire relocation bracket. However, there's a hole on the right corner of the bumper that seems to be a potential spot for a future tire carrier. Not sure what specific tire dimensions you are running, but just something to keep in mind. Lastly, I threw on some D rings to match the ones I had in front. Really happy with the way it turned out!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear bumper question/recommendations Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 4.56.25 PM

For clarification, in this photo the tire wasn't fully tightened. When tightened, it hits the bottom of the bumper.
Sponsored